Ulster International Rally

Name
Jonny
Edit My Images
Yes
Up WAY to early for this. Left the house at 630ish to make it to a pre determined spot before the roads shut at 0715. Enjoyed the day, I'm having a bit of a problem with Lightroom at the moment, I find what I see on my screen is different from what it actually exports it as. :shrug:

3846020770_643f8969cd_o.jpg

Overall Winner. Eugene Donnelly.

3846004492_465bbd93f1_o.jpg

2nd Place. Gareth MacHale.

3845219093_a3f226ebed_o.jpg

3rd Place. Derek McGarrity.

3846009672_1afe60cc08_o.jpg

3846010914_f5015bcb45_o.jpg

It isn't a rally without a few mk2's.

3845221681_1e881e7b8e_o.jpg

A bit of a fun, "I wonder if that'll work" shot.

Thanks for looking, sorry there isn't more variety but I got stuck at the same stage due to being blocked in by a lorry!!

Yeah, loving that first one.

The last one could do with the car being a ford and the rally fan having a reall intent look on hsi face :)

A decent set! First one for me :)
I have the same problem with lightroom, the appear totally different when exported from lightroom :(

Love the first,lighting looks real tricky with sun,and love the green mk 2 shot for use of shutter speed and nice and sharp where it needs to be.
Pons

Yeah, loving that first one.

The last one could do with the car being a ford and the rally fan having a reall intent look on hsi face :)

:LOL: We can but wish Matt!! It wasn't a posed shot, they were just crossing over to their car. Thanks!!

A decent set! First one for me :)
I have the same problem with lightroom, the appear totally different when exported from lightroom :(

Thanks Mate, do you find yourself exporting them, having a look at what they are like and then changing them again and again to get the final picture how you want it??:thinking:
Love the first,lighting looks real tricky with sun,and love the green mk 2 shot for use of shutter speed and nice and sharp where it needs to be.
Pons

The sun was behind them to the right, was only 830 in the morning!! I didn't leave until 5pm yesterday and fell asleep on the sofa 3 hours later....

#1...top notch. Superb.

Ta. (y)

I tend to export them ... find their not how they looked in lightroom and then stick them in photoshop to sort out ... basically just use lightroom to sort the bits that needs tweaking. They often appear darker and flatter when exported ... is this the same problem you have ??

I tend to export them ... find their not how they looked in lightroom and then stick them in photoshop to sort out ... basically just use lightroom to sort the bits that needs tweaking. They often appear darker and flatter when exported ... is this the same problem you have ??

Exactly, they look nothing like they do on screen. I just change the curve a wee bit to make it look how I want. The user interface is what makes me use it again though. :D

Sounds to me like Lightroom is changing the colour profile to AdobeRGB which always looks dull and flat.
I can't comment on the colour as I'm on the laptop, but you caught some good action. Really like the first 2, but I understand why you wanted to try different spots.

Sounds to me like Lightroom is changing the colour profile to AdobeRGB which always looks dull and flat.
I can't comment on the colour as I'm on the laptop, but you caught some good action. Really like the first 2, but I understand why you wanted to try different spots.

Thanks mate, I've just checked about the ADOBE thing, I'm shooting in sRGB and exporting it as sRGB. It's not really a colour change, it seems to make the overall picture a lot darker. I've found myself compensating with added shadow and midrange on the curve, just so I can get it how I want it.

you dont happen to have any pictures of car 46? An ADR red evo 9??

Will have a look. (y)

Nice shot of Eugene, I think with a little bit of processing you probably could bring out some detail through the windscreen too!

Nice shot of Eugene, I think with a little bit of processing you probably could bring out some detail through the windscreen too!

Thanks mate, haven't seen you on here in a while!! I'm in the process of processing it for a print for the living room, the aim is to do exactly what you have suggested. Now I have my colourspace problem sorted out I can now try and get rid of the slightly washed out look to it as well. (y)

I've been quite busy with non-photography things not taken many pictures lately. You should enter the eugene shot in the british rally forum photocomp, I usually drop a monthly entry into it for fun wont get to this month as I wasnt at any events.

Back