Ultimate Dubs - What Settings?

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Im going down to Telford tomorrow to the Ultimate Dubs show, it is indoors at the Telford International Centre so everything is lit with those horrible yellow strip lights.

What camera settings should I be using?
I will be taking my Nikon D7000 with a Sigma 15-30 wide lens and a tripod.

For those that havent been this is what the indoors looks like:

UD09 by Adam Kennedy Photography, on Flickr

That was taken 2 years ago with a D40 and I just left it in auto, I want to get better shots than that this time.

Great shot. The annoying thing about these sort of things is the lighting which is difficult to remove. Did you use a polarizing filter?

Great shot. The annoying thing about these sort of things is the lighting which is difficult to remove. Did you use a polarizing filter?

Sorry for the late reply.

My polarising filter is fitted to my 18-105mm lens which I planned on using then last minute I decided to use my wide angle 15-30mm so no all photos were taken without any filter.

I think I need to buy some new filters to fit that lens as Im starting to really enjoy using it.

I think you managed fantastically without a polarizing filter, the spot lights don't intrude on the subject at all.

I went to UD as well mate. Only used my iPhone 4 though as I wasnt confident enough to take my nikon. Kinda wish o had now though as me and my mate were some of the first in so would of had the chance to take pics unobstructed :) Oh well maybe next year.

As has been said from the pic of the A3 I'd say you did well (y)

I went to UD as well mate. Only used my iPhone 4 though as I wasnt confident enough to take my nikon. Kinda wish o had now though as me and my mate were some of the first in so would of had the chance to take pics unobstructed :) Oh well maybe next year.

As has been said from the pic of the A3 I'd say you did well (y)

I was in there at 7:30AM, didn't improve my photo's though. :(

Very difficult place to take pics, even with the white balance settings suggested my people who know it didn't work for me. Managed to save a fair few afterwards with Photoshop.

Even earlier than me lol.

I've heard a few people say after the event how hard it was taking pictures inside there. So did you change any settings between cars?? Have you picked up any ideas that will help you for next year because I'd be interested to hear them as id like to take my camera next year.

Last edited:
Even earlier than me lol.

I've heard a few people say after the event how hard it was taking pictures inside there. So did you change any settings between cars?? Have you picked up any ideas that will help you for next year because I'd be interested to hear them as id like to take my camera next year.

Next year I will take my tripod. Keep the ISO low see if that helps.

Where the club stand cars were it wasn't too bad(Where the white Audi shot was taken), but the other two halls have twin colour bulbs and I didn't waste my time in there.

These are what I got, with a huge amount of Photoshop editing. Some of those were probably taken on Saturday when they had some of the doors open too....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54311174@N07/5523476633/in/set-72157626133793731

hi, i see you was using the sigma 15-30mm? Whats your opinion on it? Im looking for a lens for shooting cars much the same. I looooove dubs and think it looks great. Also how close was you stood to the car and what settings did you use? with or without flash.
Sorry for all the questions. Love the pics though lol
gav

Hi Gav.

I really like the 15-30mm, its a brilliant lens, performed just perfect on that day.
I was quite close to the cars as it is quite a wide lens but not too close as to be touching them.
I didnt use a flash, if you go into the pics in Flickr all the exif data from each shot will be in there.

Hope this helps.

Adam.

thanks adam. Sorry for being dull but how do you axcess the exif data?

Forget this just found it lol doh!

Last edited:
Back