Ultra bright white color photo paper

Name
Philip
Edit My Images
No
Dear All,

I need to print some 3D anaglyph photos on the best possible photo paper. The 3D glasses eat 2 stops so I was told that I should buy an ultra bright white color photo paper.

What do you recommend?

I was googling a bit and I found this paper.

Inkjet UltraPro™ Gloss 2.0

One of our most popular papers, UltraPro Gloss looks and feels like traditional glossy photo lab paper. UltraPro is a resin coated, photobase inkjet paper with a brilliant white finish. Print bright colors and ultra sharp details on virtually any inkjet printer, including ones that use pigment inks.

compatible with all inkjet printers
the look and feel of traditional photo lab gloss
ultra bright white color
top selling gloss
outstanding price and size selection

http://www.redrivercatalog.com/browse/68lb-ultrapro-gloss.html

Last edited:
Not used any Red River products as it's not available in the UK. I suspect it's a glossy paper with a high level of optical brighteners.

I would think that a good alternative would be something like Ilford Galerie Smooth Gloss, or Ilford Galerie Smooth High Gloss. If in doubt you could try and get hold of an Ilford Galerie sample pack which has samples of these papers. Alternatively a good quality "Photo" inkjet paper may suffice.

At some time or other I use different RC papers for printing on different printers.
These are... Mirror/Epson/Olmec/Ilford Gallerie
Out of these I would say the Olmec paper is the brightest white.

http://www.innovaart.com/en/olmec.html

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

I won't have any chance to test the papers so I have to trust you :)

Olmec papers look promising (y)

I'll check the others now.

try jessops own paper it is bright white also look at innova art papers too

Up untill recently when Jessops changed supplier their paper was rebranded Olmec. That was how I originally started using it and I still rate it highly.

Up untill recently when Jessops changed supplier their paper was rebranded Olmec. That was how I originally started using it and I still rate it highly.

I know thats why I suggested it as it was cheaper.

After all of this posts I decided to go with Olmec! Thank You for your help and kindness :)

That's a good point (y)

Any idea Poah who supplies there current 240gsm offering?

nope not bought any for ages. I know innova purchased the olmec brand but I don't know if ICI still make it or if innova do.

Last edited:
nope not bought any for ages. I know innova purchased the olmec brand but I don't know if ICI still make it or if innova do.

I think it was around the time Innova took over as the main UK distributer of the Olmec brand that Jessops changed their paper. I just can't find any other brand that do the same weight as the Jessops 240gsm. When I was in the shop I looked on the box and there was no mention of which country it was made, so no clue there.

Back