Ultra casual wedding

Name
Joe
Edit My Images
No
Some friends had a very, very last minute, causal wedding in Cambridge, and I took a few with my GX7 as a guest. They had no photographer, official or otherwise.

B-J-1.jpg

B-J-4.jpg

B-J-3.jpg

B-J-2.jpg

Not much wrong with those :) From a wedding photographer's POV, if I had to pick a nit, it would be that he's forward of the bride in all of them and therefore dominates the pictures.

Not much wrong with those :) From a wedding photographer's POV, if I had to pick a nit, it would be that he's forward of the bride in all of them and therefore dominates the pictures.
Thanks Dan. I'll agree he's nearer, but the bride's face is generally in the direction of the lens (moreso than the groom's). Not by design though, rather just luck. I did very little direction, except: "let's walk up that hill and I'll take a few shots". :)

All most pleasing to the eye, but the first one is a classic- beautiful image, while also recording the couple's intimacy and emotion.

The first is a very touching shot and well captured. Did you do much or any PP on the other shots ?

All most pleasing to the eye, but the first one is a classic- beautiful image, while also recording the couple's intimacy and emotion.
Thanks, my favourite shot too. I gave them a large print of that as a gift.

All very nice, but there's something special about the last one for me.
The positioning, the crop, the expression, the wide open space and that huge expanse of sky - some say it doesn't conform to rules, but it works!

All very nice, but there's something special about the last one for me.
The positioning, the crop, the expression, the wide open space and that huge expanse of sky - some say it doesn't conform to rules, but it works!
Thanks, I'm a bit of a fan of the negative space, I just have to be restrained and not pepper a set with them.

Back