Ultra-wide for Canon FF (EF fitment)

Name
Kell
Edit My Images
Yes
hi all,

Just after some options here.

Currently my widest lens on FF is a 17-40.

I've often toyed with the idea of something eve wider and was looking at the Samyang 10mm 2.8. I almost got caught up with the fact that it's EF fitment, but it's designed for crop cameras.

Obviously, there are Canon lenses - notably the 11-24 - but they're expensive.

Didn't quite want to go for the full fish-eye lenses.

But just after suggestions of anything up to (or down to) 10mm. Even manual focus is OK.

Even from the likes of Samyang, Rokinon etc just ensuring that I don't accidentally order the wrong thing.

I used the Samyang 14mm on my 5D for a while. It's big and heavy but does the job...

Interior of St Michael's Without Bath 5D 5419.jpg

One of these should do the job, you just have to be careful not to get your feet in the shot

Sigma 12-24mm f4.5-5.6 DG HSM II (Canon Fit)​

You will be looking at used as I think its discontinued, Wex are showing one at £246 (https://www.wexphotovideo.com/sigma-12-24mm-f4-5-5-6-ii-dg-hsm-canon-fit-used-3132433/?gad_source=1&sv_campaign_id=863943&sv_tax1=affiliate&sv_tax3=Shareight+(Octer)+CSS&sv_tax4=0&sv_affiliate_id=863943&awc=2298_1700047670_3f63bcc4c504cf4d147e274bf791174b&utm_source=aw) I am not sure if the link is current
I think it's the mk1 version I have of this lens in Nikon F-mount and quite happy with it since it was way cheaper than other ultrawides but it's good enough for my use.

:plus1: for the Sigma 12-24. Expect fairly extreme perspective but remarkably little rectilinear distortion.

I have a Samyang 14mm f/2.8 (well actually it's the T/3.1) version, which I bought a few years ago specifically for milkyway photography, for which it performed well, but other than that I've never really got on that well with it, although keep thinking I should give it another try.

Back