Ultrafine Extreme ISO 400

Name
Edward Bray
Edit My Images
Yes
Bought a 30 Mtr bulk roll of 35mm Ultrafine Extreme ISO 400. This gives me the facility to load 24 exposure films (4x 6 frames fit the V750 Scanner).

On my way back from a meeting yesterday I stopped off at Kit Hill (just outside Callington, Cornwall) and shot a few frames on the Pentax LX.

Developed in Ilford LC29 for 7.5 minutes (same as I give Tri-X) and the finished negatives look very similar in contrast and grain to Tri-X. I have to say for a cheap ISO 400 film $28 for the roll plus $16 shipping (up to two rolls) it isn't half bad. I will load some small rolls in order to see how it performs when pushed.

As the weather was very changeable I took the safe option for image 1 and shot it from the van through the open window. :LOL:

KitHillthroughcarwindow.jpg

This second image was a bit more traditional in that I did get out of the van to frame it up. Average type settings of 1/125 @ f8 50mm f1.4 lens.

Lonelybench1.jpg

I'm not sure what the Ultrafine refers to Ed but I'm guessing it's not the grain. Not that it's coarse, there just seems to be a lot of it.

EdBray said:
On my way back from a meeting yesterday I stopped off at Kit Hill (just outside Callington, Cornwall) and shot a few frames on the Pentax LX.

A Meeting at Ginsters? :)

You can see my inlaws' house from Kit Hill.

A Meeting at Ginsters? :)

You can see my inlaws' house from Kit Hill.

No! Can't you tell from my camera choices I have taste ;)

Has your other half got one eyebrow and three eyes then :naughty:

EdBray said:
No! Can't you tell from my camera choices I have taste ;)

Has your other half got one eyebrow and three eyes then :naughty:

Ha!

No, they're from Coventry*, retired to Cornwall.

* not Nuneaton, in light of the comment, for the record. ;)

I'm not sure what the Ultrafine refers to Ed but I'm guessing it's not the grain. Not that it's coarse, there just seems to be a lot of it.

Sorry Kev, I should have replied sooner, the grain is what it is but the negatives are quite balanced tonally. I am looking forward to trying the film pushed and seeing the results.

Back