Un-Wanted Guest

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
Its a nice photo Les - only ever seen one at the British Wildlife Centre and didn't realise they swam

lets hope he is just passing through for the sake of the other residents

Stan

Its a nice photo Les - only ever seen one at the British Wildlife Centre and didn't realise they swam

lets hope he is just passing through for the sake of the other residents

Stan

I did hope that Stan, but I doubt he's just passing through, I have never seen one swimming before, but hey we live and learn :eek: :D

Plenty of tracks around the waters edge suggest he's been here a while too

Les (y)

Nice shot.

I've read that American Mink numbers have declined here as otter populations have risen because they compete for the same food so presumably swimming/fishing is fairly common for them.

They do indeed swim very well in fact we have them on Cromwell Bottom LNR in West Yorkshire, one, only on Sunday was dragging a female Mallard down the path , they have also dug out Kingfisher nest's , these are animals that have no preditor and no fear , needless to we hate them and the so called do gooders that let them out to pray on our wildlife. (sorry about the rant)

They do indeed swim very well in fact we have them on Cromwell Bottom LNR in West Yorkshire, one, only on Sunday was dragging a female Mallard down the path , they have also dug out Kingfisher nest's , these are animals that have no preditor and no fear , needless to we hate them and the so called do gooders that let them out to pray on our wildlife. (sorry about the rant)

well thanks for the information, looks like a job for my 17 HMR then ( Google it)

Les

A nice shot lez as per normal. Well done.

I think you shot it with the wrong piece of equipment Lez ;-)

Yes I think I did,:LOL: went out at the crack of dawn to see if I could spot him, no joy I'm afraid

I had this with me too CZ 17 HMR Rifle and some hollow point Bullets

Les (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back