Unattended Photo Upload

Edit My Images
Yes
Does anyone know of a way to get a PC to automatically retrieve the photos from a camera and put them in a folder as soon as its plugged in USB?

EOS Utility does this perfectly for me but i need this on a couple of other non EOS cameras as well, they just come up as a media device.

I've tried Breeze Downloader as i've heard this does it but this seems to require opening, then refeshing then clicking download. Totally useless for my needs.

Many thanks

How would the unattended software system know which folder you wanted the photos save to?

But if you've got to define the folder in the software first, why not just move the images through normal file management? It can't be more than another couple of clicks.

Because I plug the camera in wait a few seconds then unplug and walk off to take more.

EOS utility works perfect, just can't find anything that will work on other cameras.

If I have a memory card that's has some macro, some landscape shots and some portraits, how would any software know which folder I want to put each type of image?

Does anyone know of a way to get a PC to automatically retrieve the photos from a camera and put them in a folder as soon as its plugged in USB?

EOS Utility does this perfectly for me but i need this on a couple of other non EOS cameras as well, they just come up as a media device.

I've tried Breeze Downloader as i've heard this does it but this seems to require opening, then refeshing then clicking download. Totally useless for my needs.

Many thanks

I can most likely help you with this. On a windows PC, you can set a default application to run when a USB stick etc is inserted.

Caveat is, in the majority of cases the application must be available on the USB inserted.

If your EOS Utiltiy is a single exe file (no dll baggage etc), it may just be a case of making sure this software is on your media and applying the relevant settings on what to do when you insert USB etc.

Hope this helps,

Dougie.

ps. I could easily write you some bespoke software for this if it's really bugging you :)

Usefull reading :-

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/autolaunch-apps-usb-stick-windows/

Last edited:
Back