underpass

Edit My Images
Yes
here's a pic of a very 'welcoming' underpass near where i live. whilst not a fan of destroying other's property, i do like a good bit of graffiti when i see it. whilst th e graffiti inside the underpass is pretty cool - it was the big 'Welome' that grabbed my attention...

welcome.jpg

any feedback hugely welcome

hi kitt

needs a focal point! the opening leads you into the image, but there is nothing in there to see, i suspect its full of graffiti?

Hi Matty,

Yep - Graffiti all the way through, what do you suggest? should i lighten up the inside of the underpass more? or crop differently? any advice appreciated,

cheers,

Kitt

you could try a couple of people walking into it

I would go back and shoot at night if it's lit by lamp light, you could have a good shot there

You'll need a tripod of course

Sean_Mcr said:
I would go back and shoot at night if it's lit by lamp light, you could have a good shot there

You'll need a tripod of course

good thinking - i'll head back tonight and check it out :)

yeah seans hit the nail on the head there, when the inside is lit will work best

Great shot there and some good work on the 'pass ... shame some nerd had to spoil it a bit ! Always one huh ... ?

Not a great fan of the so-called 'art' per se but when it is done well it can really enhance a drab location ... as it does here !

Look forward to the night-time shots ... if you dare ! Take someone as security/assistant with you ... jic m8 !

just got back the underpass <shudder> original idea was to head up there and photograph as it got dark, but bottled it after hanging round for 15mins waiting for night to kick in - too many wierd noises and twigs snapping for my liking! and i had to leave my bike above ground level as there is a dodgy gate to go through!

but anyhoo - i did take some shots in a 9.45pm not quite depth of night mode:

no.1.

welcome_1.jpg

no.2

welcome_2.jpg

no.3

welcome_3.jpg

no.4

welcome_4.jpg

any comments hugely welcomed - in particular any thoughts on which one is best and any advice on how to improve by taking into Photoshop?

thanks all

They're better then the first you shown

It needs to be more foreboding, the welcome sign is a juxtaposition with the subway. Convert it to black and white get those shadows out, needs to look the very opposite of welcome

Just to give you a rough idea

62152952.AuSaF7Sh.welcome_31.jpg

k.i.t.t. said:
just got back the underpass <shudder> original idea was to head up there and photograph as it got dark, but bottled it after hanging round for 15mins waiting for night to kick in - too many wierd noises and twigs snapping for my liking! and i had to leave my bike above ground level as there is a dodgy gate to go through!

You didn't do the security blanket thing then !?! :wacky:

Good effort with the shots in the first place ... Sean has good advice there !

Sean_Mcr said:
They're better then the first you shown

It needs to be more foreboding, the welcome sign is a juxtaposition with the subway. Convert it to black and white get those shadows out, needs to look the very opposite of welcome

Just to give you a rough idea

thanks for the tip! whilst the juxtaposition concept was always in mind - i never considered the black and white idea - i'll fire up photoshop and have a play - thanks for the advice Sean_Mcr :)

might be worth trying a more leterbox crop too, just to get rid of the flat sky and the less interesting forground.

The shot's of the interior are a mahoosive improvement methinks.

Back