Underwater Photography Housing

Name
Kellyanne
Edit My Images
Yes
I've got a canon 650d and the 450d as back up, I'm looking to get a underwater housing! Ideally to purchase if not to hire as and when needed.

Does anyone know where I can get one from?
Thanks

I've got a canon 650d and the 450d as back up, I'm looking to get a underwater housing! Ideally to purchase if not to hire as and when needed.

Does anyone know where I can get one from?
Thanks

from where you are I'd travel into London and have a chat with Paul at cameras underwater (just under Charing Cross) about the options

just to add though, other then possibly a bag you won't get a housing to fit both bodies (housings are very body specific)

Last edited:
boyfalldown said:
from where you are I'd travel into London and have a chat with Paul at cameras underwater (just under Charing Cross) about the options

just to add though, other then possibly a bag you won't get a housing to fit both bodies (housings are very body specific)

Do u know if paul has a website or an email address I could contact him on?

Thanks

I looked into doing this & decided a pair of GoPro's was a far cheaper & more sensible option for me.

Make sure you keep concentration on the dive more than the picture... SLR housings and lens ports are horrendously expensive (as pointed out above) and probably way more than you need. Depending on dive depth, there are plenty of cheaper alternatives which a good sales advisor will point you towards.

Thanks for the help! I know they can sometimes cost more than the camera it's self! But then thought not a lot of photographers offer underwater services :) xx

What do you want/need to shoot? If it's babies or children in a pool, a bag type housing or even a decent compact could be a better bet than a full blown DSLR housing + lens ports! Angler fish in their natural setting may be pushing it a bit though (even with a proper housing!).

Nod said:
What do you want/need to shoot? If it's babies or children in a pool, a bag type housing or even a decent compact could be a better bet than a full blown DSLR housing + lens ports! Angler fish in their natural setting may be pushing it a bit though (even with a proper housing!).

Yh want to shoot babies and children! Do u know what sort of bag types? The ones I've seen dont look to protective

Afraid not. For snorkelling I have a waterproof compact (a Canon D10) which gives me all the protection and quality I need.

Pooley has mentionned camerasunderwater.co.uk and I've heard that they offer good advice as well as a large range of housings, bags etc.

The main bag type housings are made by ewa-marine. The problem with them is that you are very limited with your lighting options with them. On some of them you can attach a hot shoe mounted flashgun but thats about it.

Mike

The hugyfot housing & ports for my old D90 cost me over £2500 2nd hand.. it's not cheap!

Back