Underwater Photos

JP6

Edit My Images
Yes
Hey,

I'd like to share some of my favourite photos I took underwater from my recent holiday to the Maldives. I'm surprised at how well they came out really!

They were all taken with a Fuji F100fd in the Fuji WP-FXF100 housing.

Parrotfish

Batfish

Loads of different fish, plus a Black Tip Reef Shark.

Regal Angelfish

Unicornfish

Titan Triggerfish

There's a few on my Flickr that I haven't been able to identify, I don't know if there's any 'fish' people on here that could identify them for me?

Thanks for looking :)

Last edited:
I "did" the Maldives last year,
The colours are just amazing out there aren't they?
Great set (y)

I "did" the Maldives last year,
The colours are just amazing out there aren't they?

They are indeed!

It's definitely somewhere I want to go back to, hopefully next year, it really is paradise.

Lovely images that bring back memories of our Maldives trips ... cant wait to go back.

Post the addy to you flickr, I'd like to see more :clap:

hi, fantastic pics of the fish.
your "royal angelfish" is a regal angelfish (pygoplites diacauthus)
your "stripped surgeon" is a undulated triggerfish (balistrapus undulatus)
and your "black blotch trig" is a picasso triggerfish (rhinecanthus aculeatus)
are the ones i reconise, there are so many types of parrotfish that i've not seen one like the one you swam with.
i'd love to swim with that lot . how big was the titan ? how was he with you ? they can attack divers you know.

Not a fishy person at all but I love these shots!

hi, fantastic pics of the fish.
your "royal angelfish" is a regal angelfish (pygoplites diacauthus)
your "stripped surgeon" is a undulated triggerfish (balistrapus undulatus)
and your "black blotch trig" is a picasso triggerfish (rhinecanthus aculeatus)

Excellent, thanks for that! :)

i'd love to swim with that lot . how big was the titan ? how was he with you ? they can attack divers you know.

The titan was about two and a half feet long, he was pretty massive! He seemed fine with us around, didn't really take any notice. Quite scary to be around though knowing they can attack, so didn't get to near too him.

The other half got bitten by a six-bar wrasse out there, which drew blood! It was only a small fish too, bit her right in the bellybutton :LOL:

Nice set

I went to Truk Lagoon a few years ago and got some some great pictures/video and lost them all in my old compooter when it decided to self destruct in a puff of smoke!

Love the shot with the black tip reef shark in it,, very nice indeed

nice set, I loved it out there.It was my first time snorkelling and I couldn't believe the noise the fish made eating the coral.

WOW, that's a fantastic set of pictures, hoping to go there one day & take some pics myself :)

oh lovely shots.
i went to Egypt on holiday last year and i tried some under water shots of teh fantastic fish we seen - but sadly they didn't turn out that great.

we were able to see sting rays and puffer fish etc... on the private beach at our hotel - we just had to walk out a few feet into the water and you could see them all - it was amazing :)

Back