Uni, decisions decisions...

How do you write good IPTC captions? If you have any advice or links to relevant info I be grateful Mark.

There's a write up on it in the Talk Sports forum from about 6 months ago which should cover most of the basics.

Example here

Try typing: `how do I learn about...?` into a search engine - you may be amazed! ;)

(nb: Journalism 101: Never rely on a single source. Never. Daily Mail journos please take note)

Daily Mail journos please take note

since when did they rely on having even a single source? ;)

Joe, your work's good, do what you enjoy. If you can make a career out of it, awesome. If not... at least you won't be wondering forever 'what if...'

According to the BJP there are around 20,000 professional photographers (it makes no distinction between those working for companies or self employed) in the UK and 5,000 graduating every year with photography-related degrees.

This thread has been fairly informative. I'm at the other end of the spectrum to JoeNail. I've already worked as graphic designer for 20 odd years, did the work, eat, sleep, repeat...became self-employed, raising a family now...BUT even though I have no qualifications, I still desire to be accomplished in one aspect of my creativity.

As time is very constricted for me, do I just take a very expensive shortcut with Aspire Photography Training (which tailors photographers' folio with business development) or be pure with a the OCA Degree in Photography (as distance learning works best for my family set up but much longer).

That being said, yes, only you can make a decision, whether it is right or not could simply be down to the commitment you have, as opposed to passion. Passions help form the ideas you have about what you want out of life. Commitment means that you are working from what you are passionate about and accepting the challenges you must undertake in order to achieve your goal.

Sorry, I might be using this post to answer my own decisions! :)
I just hope I can be committed.

P.S. Has anyone here dealt with Aspire?

Joe man, many times have we discussed this eh?

I'm gonna keep 'doing' photography (albeit with less goodness than you) whilst studying Graphic Design. I love it just as much as I love design, but don't see myself studying it (I'd probably get bored of it day-in-day-out) and I think job prospects are better with a round set of design skills tbh. This won't stop my photography making it's mark on my design work though. I noticed the Dundee uni has a film development place downstairs, will probably make good use of that.

You could always join me and Laura up in Dundee or Edinburgh? We'll be looking for flat mates fairly soon.

We need to meet for pints and catch up and pictures (get a phone)...

LOL get my 'mock ned MP3' quote off your posts! Thief

Back