Unsolicited Critique haha

alexkidd

D.O.N.K.E.Y.
Name
Alex
Edit My Images
No
Got this odd email this morning apparently by following a link from this forum, who are you Abby Thule?

Subject: [your-subject]

Message Body:
Phone :
Found us through :
Just been looking at your website after following a link from the forum Talkphotography.
Have to say your pictures on this site are not good.
The first few pictures just show people from behind or their back sides not good.
The further down the page people's backs again.
Processing of the pictures is not good as well.

She's got a point about peoples backs I suppose, but it fits at the moment and it's selling haha, feel free to leave any other thoughts, always happy to learn and try and improve :)
My other half initially thought i'd got into an argument on here with someone!

www.cluskeysmith.com if anyone's curious

You see this is what happens when you select no edit in your profile ;) my thought incredible that someone would take the time (I mean yours) for this type of criticism maybe she is one of the backs in your images

Think it's safe to say you won't have sleepless nights :D

Allan

I was curious!

You have fronts as well :) best of both worlds...

Some really nice pics there actually (to be serious).

Your pictures are mostly great and well processed and she's clearly a psycho , I did think that in the couple sillohuette shot on the slideshow you might want to edit out that blurred grass head , and ' brides hand stroking cat 'is a weird slide show choice, but I wouldnt have emailed you to tell you that if you hadnt asked ... some people have too much time on their hands

one other point of crit is that on your 'how much does it cost ' page its not very clear how much it costs other than that you have three packages starting from £1400 ... it might be an idea to say what they are.

also "with prices start at £1400 for digital only" is ungrammatical , it should either be "with prices which start.." or " with prices starting "

Everyone has a different eye. What you may think is a fantastic photo other may hate. At the end of the day you are the one holding the camera and taking the shots that appeal to you thus in turn bringing you enjoyment in you photography journey.

Got this odd email this morning apparently by following a link from this forum, who are you Abby Thule?

Message Body:
Phone :
Found us through :
Just been looking at your website after following a link from the forum Talkphotography.
The first few pictures just show people from behind or their back sides not good.

She's got a point about peoples backs I suppose, but it fits at the moment and it's selling haha, feel free to leave any other thoughts, always happy to learn and try and improve :)

I just took the time to have a butcher's at your website. She clearly doesn't know what she's on about and, if it were me, I'd treat her like the crank she is and ignore her.
Not sure about the bride stroking her pussy though... ooerr missus!

Message Body:
Phone :
Found us through :

She didn't look very well :(
I mean she missed that the logo's for your social media links are missing for facebook and google+ :p

Capture.PNG

Ah cheers for the feedback folk, will have a look at my icons and such. Our thoughts is people like cats, it's a bribe shot haha, maybe more bikes to be added soon ;)

I still want to know which member it is though, I'm not grumpy just thought it was quite odd!

Always interesting to see how different people see things though, I think it's quite easy to get tunnel vision in your own work :)

Oh I get this all the time.... Check this idiot out!.. straight out of the blue... totally unsolicited.

I had some fun with him though :)

(click to read full size)

CGuhwEh.png

Wow, that's a fairly deep conversation! Guess i got off lightly haha

Oh I get this all the time.... Check this idiot out!.. straight out of the blue... totally unsolicited.

CGuhwEh.png
You remind me of David Thorne... You sure you're not him? :)

Good grief! That was a bit weird, David.

I had some fun with him though

Bloody hell David!
And he kept that going for over a year?

I would say that you should have reported it, but I think you were more than capable of dealing with him on your own.
FTR that particular member is no longer with us as far as I can tell - and for reasons unrelated to that PM.

Bloody hell David!
And he kept that going for over a year?

I would say that you should have reported it, but I think you were more than capable of dealing with him on your own.
FTR that particular member is no longer with us as far as I can tell - and for reasons unrelated to that PM.

I considered it, but it became too much fun after a while :)

CGuhwEh.png

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: bad luck David, that particular odious little man took a dislike to me several years back, we several abusive messages that from memory saw him take a weeks unpaid leave from here at the end of which I blocked him on here, guess he had to find someone new to be a cockwomble towards and you took that bullet, sorry

As to the unsolicited critique I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and suggest the person is probably not actually a member here as would likely have just sent a PM rather than going to the trouble or sending an email to you

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: bad luck David, that particular odious little man took a dislike to me several years back, we several abusive messages that from memory saw him take a weeks unpaid leave from here at the end of which I blocked him on here, guess he had to find someone new to be a cockwomble towards and you took that bullet, sorry

He's achieved the pinnacle of his "career" now, with getting work in DSLR mag.. or whatever it was, so he's left us n00bs behind :)

I happily took the bullet, it was a hoot :)

Last edited:
As to the unsolicited critique I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and suggest the person is probably not actually a member here as would likely have just sent a PM rather than going to the trouble or sending an email to you

ahh yes the man who can't spell his user name.. thats an F not a T

Well David that just proves some people have sad little lives, you handled it beautifully, it was quite a funny read although how you just didn't block the cockwomble I'll never know.

Why block someone who offers so much entertainment? :) Although I did honestly try to give him some genuine advice at the end.

Back