Unusual Sensor problem++++

Name
Terry
Edit My Images
Yes
I had to send in my Fuji X T30 to have a sensor problem fixed...
There was a spot on it that I could not remove, when I looked at it more closely with a powerful magnifier and Led light, it was an actually mini pit in the surface of the glass, that was clean and sparkly. Though the camera was slightly out of guarantee, I sent it in to Fuji explaining that this seemed to be an inherent fault in the glass, that may have become enlarged by the ultra sonic cleaning cycles. And that it only came to light when I took some shots at f22.

They did a fast turn round and replaced the sensor under guarantee. All seemed to be well until I tried the flash. neither the inbuilt flash nor an attached flash would work.
So I phoned the service manager, who suggested. that a cable might not have been re fixed during the sensor replacement. and that I should use the the web form again to return it. They duly sent me the packing and prepaid postal bag to do so.

It turned out to be a very fast turn round. Almost delivered it back before it left my house.
The Post office picked it up from my door, and DPD delivered it back two days 21 hours and 24 minutes later.
( I used the new Post office pick up service from my home)

However it seems that they had more of a problem sorting it, than the service manager had suggested.
It turns out, that they had to replace the entire main board and processor, as well as the entire top plate, including flash and finder, to sort the problem... all under the guarantee.
So with the new sensor that they had replaced first time around it is virtually a new camera.
I have no Idea what had happened, though you have to remove the back and mainboard, to replace the sensor, so looks like an error during that process.
You certainly can not fault Fuji service, as they sorted everything and got it back to me in double quick time.

I have spent the last couple of days resetting every thing to my liking again, as all my established settings went into the aether with the old main board.

I managed to get a picture of it arriving back, before it left, with my magic Huawei phone

post-webx.jpg

Last edited:
With all my fiddling setting up the camera again I have made a few changes to the way it was before.
The Q menu is now accessed by an up-swipe on the back screen, and the Q button re-assigned to Bluetooth on and off.
A right swipe on the screen now activates the face/eye detect. I have not activated the down or left swipe. The fn button activates the Power boost.

Last edited:
This is how I have my Q menu and "MY menu" set up, I may make further changes as time goes on.
As I use 99% RAW I will probably replace the NR spot with something else as it has no effect on raws but I do not have a preference for it at the moment.

As they are now set up I can get to just about everything that I use, more or less directly, without a "menu hunt"

As ITA3X5542`web.jpg

IIRC, the camera has an extra 12 months of warranty now - well, pretty much everything has been disturbed so any subsequent fault could be argued to have been caused by the recent work!

Can't fault Fuji's warranties.

Back