Up close and personal at the raptor foundation

Name
David Thomas
Edit My Images
Yes
I went to the raptor foundation near huntingdon one afternoon this week as it's only a couple of miles away and I was on early shift! Comments and criticism welcome. I got very close with most of them to try and hide where they were taken!

EXP00007.jpg

EXP00008.jpg

EXP00009.jpg

EXP00010.jpg

EXP00011.jpg

EXP00012.jpg

EXP00015.jpg

EXP00016.jpg

EXP00017.jpg

EXP00020.jpg

really liking 3/4. #7's a good idea but doesn't quite work for me.

Cheers guys. I know what you mean about 7. I had something in mind an wasn't sure if it had worked. I nearly didn't post it but i still quite like it in a quirky way! Thanks for the kind comments

Super shots

Fantastic shots. Love raptor photos.
I think I like 1 & 8 best. In 8, it's a pity you couldn't get the end of his beak 'sharp' :D

Fantastic shots. Love raptor photos.
I think I like 1 & 8 best. In 8, it's a pity you couldn't get the end of his beak 'sharp' :D

Thanks, I'll try harder next time!!;)

Love #1 ... filling the frame with him really works ... thinking about it, Id possibly even chop another cm or so off the top just to get rid of that bit of black bg ... then it really is all about those eyes!

Oh & of course I have a soft spot for old Barnie too ;)

Some cool stuff there!

I am impressed with those! (y) love the owls, such beauty and grace, wish I could be more like them really!!! :D :D :D

4,6,8,9, for me. Cracking set though. Might get me ar5e there one day.
Dean:)

Thanks for all the great comments. I've learnt a few things for the future after looking at them really critically and you've all inspired me to find a new project!! Thank you!

Some excellent shots there Dizzy, 1 & 8 for me too :clap:
Think I agree with Glo about losing a bit more off the top of the frame in the 1st image too.
I think that No.7 has the potential to be the best of the set but the entire birds head would need to be in sharp focus IMHO - I really like the background & framing in that shot but as Dod said, it's not quite there yet - definitely one to try for next time.
Very nicely done, looking forward to the next set (y)

Back