Edit My Images
Yes
fromdunbeath.jpg

Rocks - Dunbeath Castle Sigma 10-20mm@10mm 1/20th @ F22

dunbeathcastle.jpg

Dunbeath /castle Sigma 70-300mm@214mm 1/160th@F9

carnliath.jpg

Carn Liath Sigma 10-20mm@10mm 1/125th@f8

I pass these places regularly in my work but can never stop, Carn Liath is literally right beside the A9 just north of Golspie. I kept a promise today to go back on my own time and try to get some decent shots. Shame the day was marvelous but 99% cloud cover and very flat lighting for the most part.

Really like the 1st one especially Steep.
Some would maybe say "do something with the sky to make it even more dramatic and maybe balance the pic up a bit", but I would'nt know what or how, cos I'm a total photoshop numpty !:D

Heh, already did that with the first and third ones. The sky in each is two stops under exposed to bring out the clouds more.

Yep - the first one is excellent. :)

Love all 3 but that first one is a belter!
I like the how the rocks lead into the shot.
Pleasing colours too. :)

first one is my fav :thumb: nice colours

The first is an absolute cracker! The rocks lead you in and almost make the sky look irrelevant. This is one wher the double exposure and combining would work. You need to be alone and in no hurry to get away from the "you don't need to bring a tripod". Perhaps in time you might add a "cheating" sky and post again! It really is one for the wall.

Not one for making many comments on people's work Steep but these are very good.

As others have said #1 is a cracking shot. Get it printed on to large format and hang it on your wall.. Superb.:)

Steep. I know this area well and you have more than done it justice. :thumb:

Substitute the sky? That one must have hurt! It is great as it is IMHO.

lol thanks :) As I said before but probably not clearly, the sky is substituted already. I processed the RAW file normally and then again 2 stops under exposed, masked/copied the sky from the second into the first to give the whole thing some more impact.

Nice, I really need to get my ass back up to scotland again soon. One of my mates is in Torridon at the mo, lucky bugger.

1st is brill, just do something with the sky ok? eh? :) :) :stir:

First one is gorgous.
Second and third don't do anything for me personally,

But the first? That's MY kinda cookie :D Love it.

I agree about the second one, I really only posted it to highlight the difference between 10mm and 300mm :) The Broch is a very interesting place but I must have been in rubberneckingtouristmode when I shot it, sky burned out edges cut off, I'm disgusted with myself and as a punishment will have to return later and redo it (like I always had to do with my homework!).

Back