Update on GSD attacked by Burglars Pictures added

Gremlin

Houdini
Name
Ingrid
Edit My Images
No
Some of you may remember I posted back in January about a friends dog that had bleach thrown in her face when
the house was burgled.
Just got off the phone to my friend and it seems the eye has healed with serious legions and she is probably blind in that eye,
not much more the vet can do for her and yes she has been affected psychologically as well, hopefully time be the cure

Sorry to hear that :(

Thanks for the update, hopefully with TLC and maybe further treatment she will continue to do improve ~ fingers crossed.

Did they get the scroats that caused such suffering?

Its a terrible case. Even I, as a non dog lover, feels saddened to this.

I have no doubt whatsoever, had it not been a dog in the intruders way, but a person, it would be a person with bleach in their eyes.

Its why I feel crimes of violence should be met with death penalties.

Sorry to hear that :(
Thanks Gramps, fingers crossed for her.

Thanks for the update, hopefully with TLC and maybe further treatment she will continue to do improve ~ fingers crossed.
Did they get the scroats that caused such suffering?

Sort of, without saying too much, they caught them for something different, an associate is believed to have tried to destroy the evidence
so at the moment they only have someone for fencing stolen goods as they can't directly connect them with the crime

Its a terrible case. Even I, as a non dog lover, feels saddened to this.
I have no doubt whatsoever, had it not been a dog in the intruders way, but a person, it would be a person with bleach in their eyes.
Its why I feel crimes of violence should be met with death penalties.

Thanks Steve, and can we not go down that road again in this thread, which is an update on Teagan's health nothing more

I have her to myself later in the month so will get some pictures to show you all what a lovely girl she is :love:

Reactions: ST4
well I did promise some pictures and here she is in all her beauty.
You can see the clouding on her left eye, but otherwise she seems fine
Had a fun afternoon with her:love:

17941955741_9184a2bed0_z.jpg

17753445618_8fe0835cae_z.jpg

Well she's a beauty.
I'm pleased to hear she's doing wel l:)
She reminds me very much of my old GSD Chloe.

Nice to see her looking fit and well :)

Lovely dog - good to see her looking well. (y)

She's looking good :)
I'm glad that that's all she seems to have suffered, I hope her behaviour hasn't altered after her ordeal

Some of you may remember I posted back in January about a friends dog that had bleach thrown in her face when the house was burgled.

I don't suppose the burglars were ever caught?

Hope she can get over this and back to being her old self.

as an owner of 3 GSD's this sickens me .. but glad to see she is doing well ..time is the best healer and i hope she quickly gets back to being her usual self

Thanks all, she seems ok, had no problems getting into the house with her, loy=ts of cuddles and fuss and a lovely walk.
Yes they have caught the people who did it, one was detained, 4 others let out pending the hearing and have absconded :banghead:

4 others let out pending the hearing and have absconded :banghead:
That was a bright move on behalf of the courts / police / whoever :(
But at least they have one to answer for it, I'm surprised they caught anyoneTBH,
but lets hope they make an example outta him (y)

Lovely to see her enjoying herself and I really hope that the psychological effects are fully behind her soon.

Physically she's looking great. Is there any indication of whether she's managed to retain any vision in the eye at all?

She is lovely Sarah, as far as the eye goes, she has serious scaring, you can see it is cloudy when you look at it.
As far as retaining an vision, it seems they can't really say, probably just blurs if anything, it certainly seems to have
that "dead" look if you know what I mean

Back