Update to LightRoom and ACR

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Many years ago I produced bespoke profiles for my cameras and have maintained that since. I use the Xrite Colour Checker and Adobe Labs DNG Profiler which stored the profiles in the normal place. I was able to set LR so it recognised my cameras by serial number on import and tagged each file with the relevant bespoke profile, When editing in LR, ACR or Elements, it automatically defaulted to the correct camera profile. When I started this it was LR4 and this has worked right through to LR Classic up to yesterday, With the most recent upgrade, it no longer recognises the camera so defaults to Adobe Standard. I see there are many complaints on the Adobe forum but cannot yet see a workable solution. Does anyone on this forum have a solution for this issue? In theory you can set the default profile in preferences but it does not list my profile as an option.

Dave

After several days no response. I have spent all afternoon trying to solve this and eventually found a solution in Adobe web pages. I noticed that there were a lot of angry posts about this topic and the thread had been closed. However it linked to a video Raw Default which did supply the answer. If I reset in the Development module it does apply my settings correctly. In fact this new system will be better because I have also reduced the default sharpening. If I wish to sharpen I prefer to use Topaz Sharpen AI. I understand the default will now be applied to imported files automatically but have not yet tested this but no reason to disbelieve Laura Shoe. I do understand that many professionals have lost a lot of valuable time over this so are upset that Adobe did not highlight it before the update. It is probably that only a few amateurs like me will use bespoke profiles but I am sure many professionals do. At least my time is free.

Dave

Back