Updated Gallery Page

The "pin up" pic in the Afghanistan gallery is a hell of a shot, what a contradiction in terms, well spotted.

Arkady,

Were you there with a Captain called "Marcus" not sure of his surname? If so, I work with his girlfriend - she's seen your images that you've posted on the net so I presumed that you did/where/are????

Carl

Not sure - Captains are just 'Sir' to me most of the time, if I bother with them at all - what cap-badge is he (regiment)?
We were with 3 PARA and 1 Royal Irish in Bastion and Goreskh.

dod said:
The "pin up" pic in the Afghanistan gallery is a hell of a shot, what a contradiction in terms, well spotted.

Spookily, the girl in the pic is one of the Embassy Staffers, so we passed this onto the Military Attache in case the guy was setting her up for a shoot.
You can't be too careful.

all very nice there Rob, nice gallery!

Excellent work Rob.

I like the 'long range patrol' shot, It gives a sense of how baron the place is.

I also like the way you've given the shots depth, and not just focused solely on the subject (Scaley back, ANA patrol are good examples of what I mean).

(y)

Amazing how difficult it is to take a shot from the back of a WIMC or Pinz-Gauer while bumping over the desert at 40kph. The ground looks smooth but there are sharp stones the size of fists scattered all over - like Brighton Beach in places, but with jagged edges.
I just set the camera to 2000sec and hoped for the best on the LRDG Patrol shot.
I've found that I've started taking 'looser' shots than stuff from a couple of years ago when I used to go in tight to the blokes' faces a lot. Maybe the feedback from Reuters regarding the publications that have been picking up my stuff has helped. Mostly my stuff has been selling to magazines and broadsheets apparently, with good hits in the Asian market and the US.

You have some amazing photos on your site. Sorry if I'm asking a stupid or personal question but how do you get so close to the military? Are you employed as an official photographer?

I am in the Military. Employed as a photographer. My Life is Sweet.

Back