Upgrade from 1300d

Edit My Images
No
I'm after some opinions here, later this year I'd like to switch from a 1300d to something different. The two models which have captured my eye so far are sony a6000 and canon m50.

Both of these are more compact, and both have higher resolution snaps and the tilting screen, which are the reasons I have picked them. What are peoples opinions on these? Are there any other models I should consider within that price range (with m50 being the upper end of the budget)? I know the a6000 is older but it's also a lot cheaper.

I currently have ef-s and ef mount lenses, and I understand I'd need an adapter for both the m50 or a6000 to use them on those cameras. The only lens I currently have which I'd like to continue using is the canon ef 50mm, unless it was cheaper to buy a 50mm for the new camera than it is an adapter.

Has anyone had both of these models, and which would you prefer?

cheers

If size & weight are an issue have you considered micro four thirds? You would need to change your lenses, but that's on the cards anyway and M43 lenses aren't expensive for the consumer range.

I have an M50, very pleased with it and use an adapter in order to utilise my EFS lenses.

Sadly, the feature I like most is the Bluetooth connection!!

Very lightweight body, but not many native lenses available so you’ll need the adapter.

If size & weight are an issue have you considered micro four thirds? You would need to change your lenses, but that's on the cards anyway and M43 lenses aren't expensive for the consumer range.

Thankyou, i'd never even heard of m43 before so that was interesting to check :)

I have an M50, very pleased with it and use an adapter in order to utilise my EFS lenses.

Sadly, the feature I like most is the Bluetooth connection!!

Very lightweight body, but not many native lenses available so you’ll need the adapter.

Have you had any issues with autofocus or anything due to using an adapter?

Thankyou, i'd never even heard of m43 before so that was interesting to check

You're welcome. If you're not someone who needs to extract the last ounce of detail from their images under difficult conditions then M43 has a lot going for it. Under ideal conditions it can be hard to tell the difference between M43 and full frame. Under difficult conditions it can still perform well, but needs more skill and and has less exposure latitude than full frame or APS-C. Some of the serious guys here use this format for wildlife and landscape with excellent results.

Thankyou, i'd never even heard of m43 before so that was interesting to check :)

Have you had any issues with autofocus or anything due to using an adapter?

Not really, use a 24-105 L lens most of the time with great results. Only time I saw an issue was when shooting in bc a cave and flash threw a strange shadow across image - can only put it down to length of lens.

Touch screen is good and plenty of features, took a little getting used to but very impressed.

Back