upgrade from canon 450D

Name
graham
Edit My Images
No
hi guys
Which canon would you buy to upgrade a 450D ?
New or S/H don't mind ...

budget max £400 - £450

hi guys

Hi Graham,

I've been all over the place with DSLR's, I've upgraded, downgraded etc etc, but what I found was that there was no need for me to upgrade. My advice to you is to only upgrade when you need to.
Cameras are already very good and new camera models only differ slightly. I find that mostly what you're paying for when you pay big is better weather sealing, quicker access to functions such as ISO, white balance etc.

So my advice is to think about what you shoot to determine what you need. Do you shoot sports or wildlife? If so, the 60D or 7D (although the 7D is a bit out of your budget) is probably your best choice. If you mainly shoot family, holiday shots, landscapes etc then have a look at a 600D. If you don't need the additional features, then don't pay the extra price for them.

However, if I was in your shoes, I would have a look at a 5D classic. I've seen some fantastic photographs taken with it and wouldn't mind picking one up for myself.

hi guys

Hi Graham

What would you like the new camera to do that yours can't ?

Do you want full frame - looking at 5D

Do you want a faster FPS - possibly the 7D

Do you want more gismo's / video function etc - possibly the 60D with tilt screen etc...

If you do yourself a list of things that you'd like the new body to do, hopefully when you do upgrade, then it's the right body you get.

What isn't good enough about your current camera?

hi
many thanks for the reply's ...
Yes I shoot sports mostly .
I upgrade my gear every 2-3 yrs & really wanted to upgrade my backup camera ,which is the 1000D
then put my 450D as the backup ...
Then my son can upgrade this 300D to the 1000D lol

Last edited:
hi
yes staying with canon just brought my xmas present a new 70-200 f2.8 nice lol

hi guys

Hi Graham, I upgraded from a 450D in December last year to a 7D and do not regret it one bit. Not quite sure your budget would be enough for a new one, but you would get a very nice used one.

Hi Graham, I upgraded from a 450D in December last year to a 7D and do not regret it one bit. Not quite sure your budget would be enough for a new one, but you would get a very nice used one.
Hi
Love to buy a 7D but out of my budget Unless somebody here selling one cheap

Hi
Love to buy a 7D but out of my budget Unless somebody here selling one cheap

Make the 7D your target and keep saving until you can afford one. Do not upgrade meanwhile.

is there that much difference between the 60D & the 7D ?

I've upgraded from an 1100d to a 60d which I bought second hand with the kit lenses (18-55 55-250 and 50mm f1.8) and a canon battery grip with extra batteries for well within your budget and I love it. The only thing I know of that I would miss from the 7d is the weather proofing but then the swivel back screen on the 60d more than makes up for that for my uses.

well guys I did it got myself a D7 from my wanted thread lol ...
Cheers for all the reply's
Any hints & tips as been told its a totally diff camera to what I'm used to ...... :canon:

I made a similar step from the 500D, my advice is just to experiment and check out the user guide if you can't figure something out. :D most things are still pretty obvious, also if you have a smartphone (with a decent screen size) it can be handy to keep a pdf of the user guide on your phone...

Back