Upgrade itch...

Should i Upgrade to a 1D mkIV

• Yes, ignore Claire and get one anyway...

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • No, She has special woman powers i need...

Votes: 24 55.8%

• Total voters
it could jut be better for your health to accept her decision :LOL:, those 1D Mk IV's are not small :LOL: :D

i want a 1D mkIV :(

the missus says no :crying: (Points at Clairesundance)

:( someone tell her otherwise and its for the good of my health...

I agree with your wife....now if it was a Nikon you wanted then I would fight your case :LOL:

*cough*girlfriend*cough*

pah, and i thought you would all stick up for me :p

Well 'misses' usually means wife :D.

But as you come from Ponte, then I agree she should allow you buy your new camera (y)

Unfortunately this is all too common a scenario in the 318is household.....

You can't just get it and tell her you've just fitted a grip to your 1000D, however, if there is a positive in it for her she might be a bit more flexible;

Here you go love, have my 1000D
Would you like some new shoes
I've tidied the house, hoovered up, done the washing up and made you dinner
Let me go and run a nice hot bath for you
I thought we could spend some time with your parents this weekend
Then leave it a couple of days and mention the 1DIV again, by which time she would have been sufficiently weakened by your kindness!

NB - Also throw in there a limited time cashback offer as well so you can get a bit more off but you need to order it now.

Unfortunately this is all too common a scenario in the 318is household.....

You can't just get it and tell her you've just fitted a grip to your 1000D, however, if there is a positive in it for her she might be a bit more flexible;

Here you go love, have my 1000D
Would you like some new shoes
I've tidied the house, hoovered up, done the washing up and made you dinner
Let me go and run a nice hot bath for you
I thought we could spend some time with your parents this weekend
Then leave it a couple of days and mention the 1DIV again, by which time she would have been sufficiently weakened by your kindness!

NB - Also throw in there a limited time cashback offer as well so you can get a bit more off but you need to order it now.

Wait a couple of days, are you joking.

He would have got to 'Would you like some new shoes' and you would have heard "WHAT THE BLOODY HELL HAVE YOU DONE?" :LOL:

*coughs* excuse me but I am not so stupid as to fall for any of the above.

And I'm not some evil SWMBO...he can have the camera...when we've bought the house we are saving for! I think that's fair don't you fellas?

Count yourself lucky you have an itch which can be cured :puke:

Very fair, Claire.

I'm all for people scratching upgrade itches IF they have the spare money to do so - spending earmarked savings on kit isn't a very good idea.

If the upgrade is a requirement for your job, your job should be supplying the means for the upgrade!

I buy clothes with my spare cash....can we not turn this thread into a domestic...you know you're being silly.

And he doesn't need a new camera for his job, he works in IT, admitably it quells the boredom, but still XD

no not a domestic people...don't be scared...yeah start a poll...lets see how many people agree with me! He, he as they will :p

*coughs* excuse me but I am not so stupid as to fall for any of the above.

And I'm not some evil SWMBO...he can have the camera...when we've bought the house we are saving for! I think that's fair don't you fellas?

Oh Claire, I totally agree with you, :cautious: but dont tell Chris :LOL:

I have same issue. Why is it if i tidy the entire house she doesnt take much notice but an upgrade would be noticed at 100 paces hehe. I would say go for it but im holding off and enjoying having two testicles still :LOL:

What about telling her you've stopped smoking and that saving should cover the costs of the monthly repayments.

If you don't smoke, quickly start.

*cough*girlfriend*cough*

It`s a heavy price to pay but that could be your ticket to happiness :D
Get a temp date booked at the registry office and they will send you confirmation, these things can always be cancelled :naughty:

What about buying the 1D on the grounds that you would much rather get a "project house" - as in cheaper then a normal one (cheaper to the value of a 1D and maybe some L glass as well) and you can use the camera to create an everlasting record of your renovation of the new house to exactly how Claire wants it?

It`s a heavy price to pay but that could be your ticket to happiness :D
Get a temp date booked at the registry office and they will send you confirmation, these things can always be cancelled :naughty:

*sigh* you sound like my mum, both my grandmas, and her mum... jesus...

everyone thinks we should get married before moving in together...

Do it, do it NOW!

I had and have the same problems with my wife and we just talk it through and come to an amicable resolution.....

(OK...OK...OK...so I get things delivered to work...::naughty:)

I guess if you feel you'vre outgrown your current camera 's capabilities and the MK14 will improve your photography, the get it.

Cheers and I have a sofa if you need it...:D

Andy, i like your concept here the most, ill pester all weekend... oh thats a point, ill need some L Glass too... i think 100-400/70-200/24-70, should be ok with my bag and memory cards... ill run that 7k by her tonight and see what she says...

nah its just body im wanting at the moment, and i mayes well get the best i possibly can...

Back