Upgrade of laptop

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All. My ageing laptop is coming to the end of the road. I use it mainly for web browsing, internet and of course photo editing.
I use CS6 the stand alone version which I bought outright a while ago. It also has the NIK software installed in it. I edit photos from both
my D800 and D7200. Will this speck last me for quite some time; as I am now a pensioner and funds are limited. I know its an older processor,
but if I go with the new 8 series I will have to drop down to 8gb Ram to stay in my price range. Any feedback and suggestions will be welcome.

DELL Inspiron 7577 15.6" Intel® Core™ i7 GTX 1050 Ti Gaming Laptop - 1 TB HDD & 128 GB SSD

· Gaming: Play the latest titles

· Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ Processor

· RAM: 16 GB / Storage: 1 TB HDD & 128 GB SSD

· Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB

· Full HD display IPS 1920 X 1080. Anti Glare LED Backlighting.

Price :- £849.99

Thanks for taking time to read my post. Dave

Looks fine to me my Dell runs CS6 with Nik and a number of other plugins and programmes with no problems and it's a lesser spec to yours.

Do you actually want to play games ? I don't think editing needs that much GPU power, its more the CPU I think.

I would get one without the 1050 ti and get an 8th gen CPU instead.

They were the biggest performance increase in CPU`s in the last ten years by a long way.

Thanks for your responses. To get an 8th gen and 16gb ram would cost more than this one. The base processor speed is a lot more than my
old laptop and more than the base speed of the 8th gen; that is why i am looking at this one. Regards to gaming my grandson is growing up
and he might want to use it when he comes to stay. I have looked all over for laptops with IPS screens but it is a mine field. Once again
thanks for your import.

Does it have to be a new laptop. A used desktop for £250 would be just as powerful as that laptop.

i don't have the space for desktop. also with my wife being disabled, don't want to be in separate rooms. a new one would give peace of mind
for at least 12 months.

Back