Upgrading 5D classic to mk II

Edit My Images
Yes
OK, I've just about talked myself into forking out the cash for a 5D mk II, so time to hunt out the box for my ol' (well, year old) 5D :crying:

I realise I'll get the best price for it on eBay etc., but am I right to automatically rule out a trade-in? Are there any stores that do good deals on trading in recently-bought good condition second-hand kit without taking the p and offering silly money? I'd rather do a trade-in for peace of mind etc., but I'm not getting completely ripped off.

A.

You would probably get much more for it from here than as a trade in, although you may get a little more again from ebay, but with more chance of hassle or fraud.

Selling it on Ebay will also cost you, probably £40 (charges are roughly 10%, with a cap of £40). Clearly it's free on here and things do seem to sell quickly around here. Have to say, everyone I've dealt with on here has been a pleasure.

With second hand goods, there is no set value. It has to appeal to a would be purchaser and has to be acceptable to the seller.

Clearly anyone in business is hoping to make a profit from the transaction (and that includes ebay/paypal).

If yours is in nice condition with 'enthusiast' type usage, you won't have any problem selling it. The forums are a great place to buy and sell. It can be the easiest way to sell your unwanted stuff and you get the added knowledge that it has gone to someone who will appreciate it.

Certainly worth a try before you consider a poor trade-in.

Graham

Selling it on Ebay will also cost you, probably £40 (charges are roughly 10%, with a cap of £40). Clearly it's free on here and things do seem to sell quickly around here. Have to say, everyone I've dealt with on here has been a pleasure.

If you use buy it now function, the final value fee will be around 15 pounds.
But then paypal charges around 3-4% of the final value + postage.

If you use buy it now function, the final value fee will be around 15 pounds.
But then paypal charges around 3-4% of the final value + postage.

or give £5 discount for BT or cash on collection and save even more. Don't ever do an auction on ebay if you want profit.

Evil bay .. hate the place..
Why not keep the 5D as a second body? ..it is after all a great camera.

Evil bay .. hate the place..
Why not keep the 5D as a second body? ..it is after all a great camera.

Agreed :) but with the amount of photography I do, I can't really justify it, and I need the cash to offset the cost of the mk II :crying:

5D only has around 1,100 shutter clicks after about a year's use.

Selling on the forums sounds good.. I have a friend who might be interested, but if not, I'll stick it on the classifieds forum.

A.

Agreed :) but with the amount of photography I do, I can't really justify it, and I need the cash to offset the cost of the mk II :crying:

5D only has around 1,100 shutter clicks after about a year's use.

Selling on the forums sounds good.. I have a friend who might be interested, but if not, I'll stick it on the classifieds forum.

A.

And I thought my 40d had light use after 11k clicks after 8 months! :eek:

You'll get a fortune for that beauty, I anticipate easily £800.

Back