Upgrading a Sony A330 or switch to new system?

Edit My Images
Yes
I am still using my old (purchased in 2009 I believe) Sony Alpha 330 and ideally I would like to upgrade to another Sony A mount. However, Sony seems to have abandoned the A mount platform. The last A mount camera ( at least in my budget range), the alpha68 came out in 2016, so it’s kind of old itself. I kind of feel let down by Sony...

I already have four lenses for my Sony and I was hoping to just upgrade the body and keep the lenses. I am not a professional photographer so I am not willing to spend thousands on a new system. If I switch to something else, I’d have to basically start from scratch, investing in both a camera and lenses.

I am hoping to get some ideas...

Yes A mount is dead but that’s not to say buying the very good A68 won’t last you for another decade. That’s the budget option covered.

Then if you want to spend more a system switch to a mirrorless option would make sense. Nb you can use your A mount lenses via an adapter on an e mount camera to make the transition smoother. No need to switch to full frame the Sony nex and A series cameras accept the adapters.

The A68 or 77II is the way to go if your existing lenses are good and you have a significant investment in them. They have relatively little resale value now and some dealers no longer take A mount in part exchange.

Fwiw I have an A58 and A7III.

I still love using my A77 and it’s capable of some great photos still so I wouldn’t worry about being left behind as long as your camera does what you need it to. Depending on what lenses you have, an a77, a68 or a77ii are all good a-mount cameras. A77ii’s go for around £370-450 on ebay. If you have already have full frame glass and larger budget then an a99 or a99ii’s would be another option but to go for an a99ii you probably be better with an a7iii and a-mount adapter due to the similar cost.

You would be lucky to get an A99II for the price of an A7III + LA-EA4.
Agree, they go for between £1700-£2000 on ebay and i was just thinking of the new price price of the A7iii. It was really more of a way out there option. I personally think a77ii is the best value bet in this case though.

Back