my desktop has ;

pentium 4 3.6ghz procesor
1gb ram
360gb hdd ( 2 hard drives)
dvd/cd writer
512mb graphics card
19" TFT screen

all running with XP pro

hdd space isnt too important for me as i plan to get as usb hdd of around 500mb or 1tb

can someone recomend me a laptop of similer spec or better if poss.

im not up to "speed" with all the new processors and technology from the past couple of years so not too sure what is best to buy.

im hoping to sell my d80 and a few acessories and of course my desktop pc to fund it ,
so budget of around 500-600 quid .

also i need a recomendation of a wireless printer :)

thanks guys

:wave:

Dell Inspiron 1525 my brother has this one its also a very good cheap laptop.

intel dual core 2 Duo Processor T8100 2.10 GHz
Vista
2.0 Mega pixel web camera
15.4"
4096MB
320GB HDD
Integrated Intel Graphic Media Accelerator X3100
DVD +/- RW Drive (read/write CD & DVD)

for a laptop with those sort of specs its aprox £529.00

it's able to run photoshop, lightroom, dreamweaver quite nicely without to many problems.
If you want to spend abit more on a laptop look for the Dell XPS, thought the chepest one you are able to get is about £650!

I can only recomend dell's as they are the only ones i have had experences with!

Sorry not sure on a wireless printer, we have our printer connected up to a print server.

Thanks JDP, great input there,

ive never thought about dell,

ive just been on their website and buit this for £570

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor P8400 (2.26 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 3 MB L2 cache)
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium SP1 - English
Microsoft® Works 9.0 / English - (Does not include Microsoft® Word)
Year Limited Warranty - Collect & Return
LCD 15.4" Wide Screen WXGA WLED (1280 x 800) Display with TrueLife™ ed2.0 Mega pixel Integrated Web Camera
3072MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [1x2048 + 1x1024]
160GB (5400RPM) SATA Hard Drive
Intel Integrated GMA 4500MHD
Fixed Internal DVD+/-RW Slot Load Drive including Software
Primary 6-cell 56 WHr Lithium Ion battery
Internal English Qwerty Backlit Keyboard

Thats okay mate :)... Nice laptop you got there.. What is nice about dell, your able to choose the products you want inside it.. also they are normaly tanks which are good for general were and tair!

Slot loading drives are cool, i have one on my XPS they are awesome, better IMO because you have a lesser risk of damaging the cd/dvd reading lazer.

Dell are good but their laptops can be a bit overpriced compared to other places. CHeck out some other places like scan.co.uk and even ebuyer.co.uk before buying.

Have a look at the Dell Outlet store - they have an offer on right now for £100 off all laptops...

I've just purchased a very similar specced (2.00GHz instead of 2.10GHz) Dell Inspiron 1525 for around £370 !!! Thats a bargain. And you still get a full 1 year Dell warranty

Back