upgrading question

Edit My Images
No
Hi guys.

After some opinions really

I currently have a 7d with a 24-105 + a wide angle and a 50mm 1.4.

I would like to upgrade and am facing a few decisions

1) Full frame canon with a canon 24-70 (L) f/4 and a 70-200 (L) f4
2) Full frame canon with a sigma 24-70 f/2.8 and a 70-200 f2.8

I would be looking at a 5dmk2 or a 6d. My main decision is the lenses.

Im obviously looking mainly at expense here and the best I can get for my money, id obviously love the 2 lenses as canon 2.8, but currently cannot really justify the price jump.

Thanks in advance

Not sure what the sigma 24-70 is like, but for the money the Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 is upto par with the Canon 24-70 (f/2.8), it's just not as sharp as the Canon one in the edges, but that is so tiny you can hardly notice. For the the value for money with the Tamron lens I would get that, Ff body and the 70-200.

I'm going through a similar problem. I wanted the 5D3 with the Canon 24-70 2.8, but I couldn't afford it. I read lots of reviews and did some research on the tamron 24-70 so got that instead and had money left for the 70-200 f/2.8. By far I'd rather pay half the price for the Tamron lens rather than the Canon one, no way could I justify spending the extra for a tiny bit extra sharpness around the edges.

Thanks for that!

Have been thinking about it for sometime now and think it's time to take the plunge. i'll take a look at the tamron. But, very happy with the sigma against the canon. As with you, the canon is a huge price jump and I just cant do it.

The main reason for the upgrade is because I have some festival press passes for this summer and would like more suitable lenses without totally breaking the bank.

The main reason for the upgrade is because I have some festival press passes for this summer and would like more suitable lenses without totally breaking the bank.
And yet the upgrade options you mentioned all involved a new camera.

Back