Upper Teesdale/Weardale

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent the weekends on and around the hills of the North Pennines. Been experimenting with slow shutter speeds in bright sunlight.

Moor-Storm-Drain.jpg

Cauldren-Snout-3.jpg

Cauldren-Snout-2.jpg

Blanchland-2.jpg

Some beautiful locations youv'e captured there, *** the whites of the moving water in the last two are burnt out. A filter or combination of filters would have retained the same movement effect but allowed for correct exposure. I usually shoot falls and water at dusk. Nice, cheers Willem

Thanks for the comment. I was having problems with over exposure as the camera i was using doesnt have the range of adjustment that was needed. I only have a small amount of gear aswell, and filters arent included as all my stuff is my mams hand me downs.

Welcome to the forum Red Rum. Are you related to the horse? :D Or the wee dodgy scary fella from the shining? :D

RE the photos. They seem to be quite washed out, in terms of colour and contrast. Was this due to PP? Did you shoot RAW or JPEG, and what processing has been done?

Gary.

Thanks Gary ps. i am related to nobody from the shining lol. I havent a clue what PP is or means? They look washed out, i would say, because it was very bright on the days i was taking them and with the long exposure, they where massively over exposed. I adjusted the exposure on Lightroom 2, so this may have caused the washed out look. Any ways of getting round the problem?

Thanks Gary ps. i am related to nobody from the shining lol. I havent a clue what PP is or means? They look washed out, i would say, because it was very bright on the days i was taking them and with the long exposure, they where massively over exposed. I adjusted the exposure on Lightroom 2, so this may have caused the washed out look. Any ways of getting round the problem?

PP means Post Processing. I guess you could have resaturated however, may have looked false. The best thing to do, is shoot in much better conditions.

Gary.

Yeah, im going to try early morning/dusk next time round. Im relitavely new to photography so im learning by my mistakes and from what you guys on here say.

Yeah, im going to try early morning/dusk next time round. Im relitavely new to photography so im learning by my mistakes and from what you guys on here say.

Excellent time to shoot, makes a world of difference. Great attitude to CRIT by the way, keep it up.

Gary.

You are not alone there mate,everybody does that...........:D

Can`t add anything more to what Gary has said,dusk and dawn are the best times up on the high moors,the light gets very harsh up there any other time of the day.Try going when it is a poor forecast,the rain comes and goes so quickly up there that you can get fantastic contrast and light inbetween the showers.

Excellent time to shoot, makes a world of difference. Great attitude to CRIT by the way, keep it up.

Gary.

No point posting my pics on the crit section then getting on my high horse when some actually goes and does it lol criticism is the only way to progress and get any better imo. Thanks for the advice folks(y)

Back