Uprating HP5+ with semi-stand development

That’s very interesting it’s always good to read about alternative processes, I’d certainly never heard of the Mortensen method and the results appear to be very good. Having read through the article Mr Sanderson does seem to be quite anti Rodinal stand development or at least quite dismissive of those that use it, quite unnecessary and downright rude in places.

That’s very interesting it’s always good to read about alternative processes, I’d certainly never heard of the Mortensen method and the results appear to be very good. Having read through the article Mr Sanderson does seem to be quite anti Rodinal stand development or at least quite dismissive of those that use it, quite unnecessary and downright rude in places.
I agree Nick, but at least he says it gave printable negs while the HC110 and pyro did not. I think there are still a lot of photographers who see Rodinal in much the same way as Marmite, but it's his own lazy writing that doesn't even identify which particular variant of Rodinal he used. Even if he had tried semi-stand with an inversion at the half-hour, it might have made just that little bit of difference, but it is what it is.

I found a self-rolled Neopan 1600 at the back of a drawer, and I reckon it must be 20 years old and stored at room temperature all that time, so I think I'll be trying the Mortensen method when I finally get round to shooting it. I'll be doing it with Rodinal though, so we'll see how that works out. :thinking:

Back