UPS

Dangermouse

Squeaky Clean
Edit My Images
No
Now if you are thinking of selling anything here do not offer RMSD as your postage package as UPS are giving everyone a simple next day package through Interparcel (just Google it) at next day delivery, pick up from your address and its only half the price of RMND yes HALF the price.

I have sent items at the standard next day at £20.70 a few times but so long as your package is less than 10.5kg ITS £10.50 AND GUARANTEED NEXT DAY
worth a look on interparcel site (they have even cheaper citylink options and its all insured)(y)

Thank you for the tip (y) ... well worth looking into this next time I post something I sell :)

the only problem is you're waiting in for them to come and collect it and if it's the same as it was a few weeks ago you have to fill out a waybill when the UPS guy comes to get it so it's on interparcels account or you get charged full price.

Have used Interparcel a few times and have always found them fantastic.
I just have the parcels picked up from work, been as I'm stuck here all day - saves a trip to the post office :)

I've used Interparcel to send stuff to Europe.

Off course with a Courier, you do need to hang around all day for them to collect, and also the person you send it to will need to to receive.

IMHO its better to use Royal Mail, you can post it at your leisure, you can much higher insurance levels with RMSD (up to £2k) and generally most people have a local Post Office to collect missed deliveries, whereas UPS depots can be miles away.

False ecomony IMHO.

the only problem is you're waiting in for them to come and collect it and if it's the same as it was a few weeks ago you have to fill out a waybill when the UPS guy comes to get it so it's on interparcels account or you get charged full price.

You only have to fill a waybill if you haven't put a label on (which you can print off from computer) and as for having to wait in for them,if you use them often you know roughly what time they are in your area.

I use a similar service through parcel2go. It's handy for bulky/heavy items you can't take to the post office, but for smaller packets, still can't beat RM!

i only send bigger items via DHL via interparcel.

prefer to use RMSD for smaller items, camera related when i can just drop them in at the PO and its done, altough it costs more i dont have to wait about for collection

Another one to avoid can be UPS.
My recent 350D breakdown was sent back from Colchester using that service. First day - 'experienced and knowledgeable local' driver who 'knows the area well' (according to UPS) - failed to find the house.
Day two. The local depot phoned me, having obtain my number from Colchester. I said we live next door to a PUB (for Heavens Sakes - if they can't find a pub, they can't find ANYthing. . . )
No delivery. They failed to find us.
Day three. Change of drivers - kind lad came straight here. Cos he really DOES know the area.
I have no idea how much I expended in phone calls but at least the 350D is here.
Still in its box cos my need for a G & T was the greater priority.
On the other hand, I LOVE FedX and use it frequently to ship to USA
Sally

Last edited:
Back