Wild Urban Fox (also posted elsewhere)

Obviously enjoying a rest in the sun ... lovely picture :)

Lovely subject , but it does seem to be suffering from the 'my dog ' angle - it would have been stronger if you could have got down to its level

Lovely subject , but it does seem to be suffering from the 'my dog ' angle - it would have been stronger if you could have got down to its level
was over a fence so no

H

was over a fence so no

H

Fair enough - but that doesn't change the crit - its a nice subject but a weak picture because the angle of view isn't great. Okay so may be in this instance you didn't have an alternative, but as a general principle pictures of animals are usually stronger if you avoid the 'my dog' angle. - ergo if you can't avoid the angle shooting over a fence, you need to find yourself a better location where your shooting angle isn't so restricted.

Fair enough - but that doesn't change the crit - its a nice subject but a weak picture because the angle of view isn't great. Okay so may be in this instance you didn't have an alternative, but as a general principle pictures of animals are usually stronger if you avoid the 'my dog' angle. - ergo if you can't avoid the angle shooting over a fence, you need to find yourself a better location where your shooting angle isn't so restricted.
Thanks, I do know that and if you look on my flickr you will see I do shoot that way with animals

However just getting any shot of this Fox was more luck than any chance of planing it or hoping it would wait around, it fact it was gone a few moments later

Thanks anyway

H

Last edited:
Well done on catching him/her with the XF-1!

If that spot is a usual lie up spot for the fox, would it be possible to create a small aperture closer to ground level - say 36mm or so diameter?

Well done on catching him/her with the XF-1!

If that spot is a usual lie up spot for the fox, would it be possible to create a small aperture closer to ground level - say 36mm or so diameter?
Thanks, I'm not sure, will have another look when I can

H

Must admit i dont bother putting up pictures on here anymore due to the narrowminded individuals who post critism on this forum.......a classic is by big soft moose.......come on FFS it was a grab shot..........all I will say to you is CAN YOU DO BETTER when you only have seconds to REACT.......I think NOT.

That is a cracking pic taken and should be critisised on it's merits and NOT it would be better of ETC ETC ETC

Dave

Thanks Dave

when I have expressed that view myself I was accused of not being able to take crit and banned.......... hmm
I mostly post in the for pleasure now, saves a lot of poo

H

Last edited:
Must admit i dont bother putting up pictures on here anymore due to the narrowminded individuals who post critism on this forum.......a classic is by big soft moose.......come on FFS it was a grab shot......e

So don't post it for crit then - there's a whole section called photos for pleasure for shots where people don't want critique - the main photo sections are described as being for discussion and critique of images so if you post in them you've got to expect crit,

and on this image I stand by what I said grab shot or not its let down by the angle its taken at, perhaps not grabbing the shot but actually thinking about it would have rendered a better image

and Helen you weren't told that due to your reaction on a single image - it was the repeated inability to take crit IIRC , and the teddy throwing that ensued everytimeyou were given any

(edit - Ive only just notice the age of this thread :eek: )

Last edited:
Back