Les
Edit My Images
No
Leeds and the Leeds Liverpool canal, converted to mono and blue toned

Its good to experiment. First upload for a while mega busy

LesF

B-Tone-Lds-0539.jpg

Wow thats a nice photo if i could take them like that id be a happy bunny:clap:

Great result - really captures the gritty scene of the industrial North.

Great shot good comp with great lead in, fab focal point, pity the skies a bit blown, still nice though (y)

Blown sky? Hardly... I think the contrasting between dark clouds and the clear area is perfect.

Excellent shot, well processed. I'd be tempted to rotate a teeny bit clockwise though (y)

It's certainly moody and gritty. I think the scale on the web is killing it for me though as it's quite dark and I can't really see the details further into the image. I've spent a couple of minutes struggling to see if there's a boat on the canal. I think there is?

Thanks all for your comments 68ibs you are correct its gone a lot lot darker on the 800 pixel upload and does not give the same feel as the full blown version but you gotta try new and different now and again.

LesF

I love the rendition but the horizon appears to slope left, though that may just be an optical illusion.

Great shot (y):clap:

I really like the composition of this, on the right you have contrast between old and new with the road running parallel to the canal, on the left you have a church next to a mosque? and then you have modern flats next to older buildings

The reflection of light in the canal (leading your eye into the shot), along with the bright sky next to the dark clouds works well for me

and there's some rule of thirds going on to balance it nicely
:)

Andy

Does need a tweak to straighten and at 800 pixs it does look dark but thanks all for your input appreciated.

LesF

Kinda like it. Dark, moody and atmospheric. Perhaps a teency bit too much so, not sure.

Gary.

I love your commitment - standing in the canal n all - :D

I like it, but it looks like you've used a hard grad to me to retain interest in the sky? I'm guessing that's why the towers, especially, are 'strangely' darker than I'd have thought they might be :shrug:

Have you had to use perspective controls at all to straighten those towers too?

Somewhat OT - how did your silly-time morning at Saltwick Bay come out - I STILL haven't got round to looking at mine properly yet :bonk: but on quite a few there's this photographer in the distance spoiling them all :p

DD

Back