Urbex - New Asylum found...

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Excited about this one, found a massive site which has hardly suffered from urban decay. This place is guarded, cannot give the location at this time but will be going back to shoot the entire place, reckon it will take a whole day.

There site has loads of buildings from hydrotherapy through to treatment rooms - grabbed a few shots but was not prepared for the scale of the site

Heres the main hall, other photos are uploading as I type!

Big pic here - recommended

3516802608_f3fed288b3.jpg

Will link up more later or check the set out on flickr - here

Last edited:
Wow, my first spooky artefact! Check the photo above, look to the left of the tower - you will see 3 crows (loads of crows on this site, like a Resident Evil scene).

Look below the 3 crows to see a perfectly formed eye looking right at you :)

Sweet - I was being watched!

Haha, never even noticed that!

looks like your going to need a bodyguard for this one!

wow, that looks incredible - love the flickr set, would have commented but this computer's refusing to let me sign in :( do you know why it closed? it looks like it was abandoned in a bit of a hurry...

No idea, most probably government reforms - the whole place is in the middle of no-where so is in great condition. Can't wait to get back and shoot the whole site :)

Great shot / processing.

That eye sent a shiver down my spine and made the hair on my neck stand on end.
( Off to bed now with the torch under the covers )

Great shot - really like the PP on it...

I really like this kind of thing - I'm a big fan of urbex, even though I've only ever managed to find one site (High Royds in Leeds, but by the time I got there, it had mostly been converted to flats).

I thought the fire alarm shot was wonderful - a great juxtaposition of the door and the concept within the alarm button. Very well caught.

Thanks for the comments - promise I did not process in the eye - I've got it in the NEF shot - spooky!!

Glad the PP is going down well, not everyone's cup 'o' tea however I love it, my aim is to gives the photos an surreal, almost computer generated look, inspiration is things like silent hill etc

I'm currently clearing some memory cards and going back today for a complete site shoot. I'm interested in whats going down in the basement...

Will post back later ;)

looks like a classic haunted building :) I would love to try my hand at Urbex :)

Just processed 100 photos exactly, 980mb of them and pressed the upload button... sit back and wait :)

There are some real awesome photos - enjoy :)

Ah, and forgot to add... There are several pictures where the location is given - first one to spot it and post back wins, erm, nothing :)

Is it by any chance Little Plumstead Hospital near Norwich?

As seen Here?

You've certainly got the PP right if you are trying to give it a computer generated feel! I'll keep an eye out on the next Call of Duty epic to see if any of this is included!

Some really inspiring shots.:clap:

Thanks

Pete

What kind of PP have you done to these, are they all HDR'd any shots that have not been given the same treatment, there good though

Awesome pictures, the PP'ing is the icing on the cake.

Is it just me though, or am I being a dumbass - I cant make out the eye!? Maybe its time for a new monitor, lol!

Is it just me though, or am I being a dumbass - I cant make out the eye!? Maybe its time for a new monitor, lol!

Have a look at the cloud in the area below where the crows are flying... it's a bit like the 'Big Brother' eye... OMG what have I just admitted to! :nuts:

Pete

looks like a classic haunted building :) I would love to try my hand at Urbex :)

Whats stopping you? Go for it... (y)

You've certainly got the PP right if you are trying to give it a computer generated feel! I'll keep an eye out on the next Call of Duty epic to see if any of this is included!

Some really inspiring shots.:clap:

Thanks

Pete

Thanks for the good comments, glad you liked them!

What kind of PP have you done to these, are they all HDR'd any shots that have not been given the same treatment, there good though

Ah, where do I start?

All photos are HDR, bracketed through several exposure from the NEF source. Sometimes I manually adjust the exposures, could be up to nine photos in one. These are merged in Photoshop and then subjected to multiple mask layers for tone, sat, hue, blur, noise etc - these layers may be overlays, differences, normals - whatever creates the best effects.

I batch all the photos, review, select/delete, try a differing batch, select/delete, try and differing batch etc etc

Fun... but I love the eventual outputs!

Some amazing pic. I'd love to do a bit of urbex, but haven't got the balls!!

Go for it, just get geared up, take your time and use common sense. The experience is awesome!

Awesome pictures, the PP'ing is the icing on the cake.

Thanks for the comments, its there to the left just near the tower ;)

Have a look at the cloud in the area below where the crows are flying... it's a bit like the 'Big Brother' eye... OMG what have I just admitted to! :nuts:

Might just be me, but if you click to make the very first pic of this thread big, then look at the boarded up ground floor windows on the left hand side... looks like an eye in there too - the house is watching you :eek:

Fantastic new pics, creepy just-before-bed viewing (y)

Back