Urgent Query Please - GH2 problem.

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I've just bought a second hand lumix GH2 and is rattles loudly inside. It does so, on or off, and irrespective of if a lens is affixed.

Any GH2 owners experienced similar, or does it go back?

Thanks Rich

Not had a Lumix GH2 so I can't say for definite but a friend had a Canon 600D and that had a rattle which turned out to be a screw had come loose from somewhere inside. If it had got to the mirror mechanism it would more than likely of trashed it so IMO I'd return it and have another look for one. If you accept it and the worst happens you'll have no comeback, no camera and no money for another.

Sounds like it could be a usual thing for the GH2 then which would be reassuring for the OP. I only had my friends 600D to compare and that needed a repair. Hope you enjoy your shooting Rich.

Last edited:
Not had a Lumix GH2 so I can't say for definite but a friend had a Canon 600D and that had a rattle which turned out to be a screw had come loose from somewhere inside. If it had got to the mirror mechanism it would more than likely of trashed it so IMO I'd return it and have another look for one. If you accept it and the worst happens you'll have no comeback, no camera and no money for another.

My other Lumix ( a GF1) has always had a lesser rattle.

I don't want to send it back to find out the next one is exactly the same. :shake:

Hi, I've just bought a second hand lumix GH2 and is rattles loudly inside. It does so, on or off, and irrespective of if a lens is affixed.

Any GH2 owners experienced similar, or does it go back?

Thanks Rich

Hi, Mine makes a rattling sound, I bought it new a few months ago, it works perfectly.

Just thinking, does it happen mostly when you turn the camera from portrait of to landscape, and if so it could just be the sensor bb moving position.

On most of the rebals such as the 300/350/400D the rattle comes from the metal rails that hold the flash head in place. If you open the flash and keep it pushed open while shaking theres no rattle.
The 350d and 400d do have a problem where the lower right screw that hold the motherboard in place comes loose and wrecks the camera.

Back