Urth filters

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks - I’ve used a UV filter regularly and in the distant past on a 35mm camera a polarising filter.

I’m looking to experiment now, and interested in a circular filter kit from Urth.

Do any of you use them? Any comments on the quality?

Hi folks - I’ve used a UV filter regularly and in the distant past on a 35mm camera a polarising filter.

I’m looking to experiment now, and interested in a circular filter kit from Urth.

Do any of you use them? Any comments on the quality?

They used to be "Gobe". I have a couple of their ND filters. Find them very good value.

I've got one of their UV filters. Not sure what to say really. Decent quality and a reasonable price. Remains to be seen if it's any better, or worse than any other filter. I very much doubt you'd notice a difference, to be honest.

I have been looking at these. They have a bewildering array of kits and different qualities of filter available. It's difficult to know what the best value options are..m

Actually, come to think of it, I did have one problem with my filter. Their particular design has an interior lip and that meant I could not get my lens cap to seat on it.

I have been looking at these. They have a bewildering array of kits and different qualities of filter available. It's difficult to know what the best value options are..m

I’ve gone for the essentials filter kit plus. A uv, polariser and two ND filters. I googled Urth discount codes and found a photography website offering 15% off, which helped me make up my mind to pull the trigger. I suppose I should have waited to see what people here said, but patience was never my strong point!

I’ve gone for the essentials filter kit plus. A uv, polariser and two ND filters. I googled Urth discount codes and found a photography website offering 15% off, which helped me make up my mind to pull the trigger. I suppose I should have waited to see what people here said, but patience was never my strong point!
Torn between that one and the one with the variable Nd filter.

Actually, come to think of it, I did have one problem with my filter. Their particular design has an interior lip and that meant I could not get my lens cap to seat on it.

Well they have arrived - and I've tried a few shots with a polarising filter and an ND one stacked. Their website says you need a screw-in lens cap, but my one is working fine.

Well they have arrived - and I've tried a few shots with a polarising filter and an ND one stacked. Their website says you need a screw-in lens cap, but my one is working fine.
Mine arrived today. Interested to know, did yours arrive as an amazon package even though ordering through the Urth website? A little confused, been checking my order history to make sure I didn't order them twice.

Mine arrived today. Interested to know, did yours arrive as an amazon package even though ordering through the Urth website? A little confused, been checking my order history to make sure I didn't order them twice.

Yes they did. I think a lot of companies use Amazon for their distribution. I got them at a discounted price on the Urth site, but they came in an Amazon box.

I'm still practising with them - and with the camera. I've a steep learning curve!

They used to be "Gobe". I have a couple of their ND filters. Find them very good value.
That answers my question! I did a quick search to see what had happened to Gobe, as I went to their website to try to buy more of their filters and it was gone...

I bought a six stop the other day. Delivery was quick and the product nicely package. Only did a quick test but it is very neutral and I can't see any difference in sharpness when viewing at 100%. I used the Lee stoppers for years and they have been really good but the cast is a pain if you are joining two images with different shutter speeds. I also got a Cokin Nuances 10 stop which is also very good

I've just bought two of their '+' UV filters for a Canon RF 85 f1.2 and the other for a Canon RF 28-70 f2. I have noticed zero difference to before the filters were fitted. I like the fact the lens glass has protection and over many years using Hoya Pro 1 filters have noticed no difference. I know some people don't like filters but for me they have been fine.

Back