US cars - open thread

All because of the emissions laws in the good ol' USA! A real brUte!

kGNXVpS.jpg

Hi, thanks for showing a pic, motoroller! (y) I was beginning to feel lonely, as a solo-poster here ... :

L1016837_DxO-z50s-c-tp.jpg

Don't see that many down here except at the local classic car show (at Powderham Castle, Devon, UK) or out on (very) occasional runs. Snapped a couple last year.

Not sure what the second one is - looked quite hacked about up close but was OK at 6' or so! First one is a '55 2 door station wagon that has had a LOT of money spent on it to get it VERY fast and looking beautiful, even up close. Street legal but rarely taken out due to its extreme thirst and less than friendly road capabilities!

DSCF4788c.jpgDSCF4789c.jpg

Don't see that many down here except at the local classic car show (at Powderham Castle, Devon, UK) or out on (very) occasional runs.

Hi, maybe because with LHD they easier to import and run here in Germany. Typically, there are dedicated US-car events here. US-car drivers are a little different
from the Porsche- and Mercedes-crowd ... --- : :)

DSC02259-a7r2-c-tp.jpg

Thanks for all the photos, I just love old American cars especially corvettes and Mustangs.
The lines and shapes make them great for photography and the sound of a V8 is something special.

Thanks for all the photos, I just love old American cars especially corvettes and Mustangs.
The lines and shapes make them great for photography and the sound of a V8 is something special.

Happy Easter - and thanks for the encouragment, Steve! :)

L1016834_DxO-z50s-c-tp.jpg

Back