USA Road Trip

Name
Justin Welch
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm busy planning a 1 month driving road trip through the US Midwest for October this year as I have some free time on my hands and this is something I've always wanted to do. Any recommendation from past experience of where to go would be extremely useful? The type of photography I'm planning on shooting is minimalist landscape and urban/ environmental fine art images.

Additionally, if anyone else is interested in joining me on the trip let me know via pm.

Cheers
Justin

Midwest USA covers a huge area, want to narrow it down a bit? Should you get to Utah, the State Parks around there are fantastic - Zion, Bryce Canyon, Valley of Fire and Arches etc. If you get further over towards Las Vegas, Death Valley, Grand Canyon and Yosemite are well worth a look, although you may find Yosemite and the Sierras are starting to get closed down through snow.

If you are able to close down the area of route you plan to take I'm sure that I, or many others, can help suggest more specific locations.

I would add to that list Canyonlands (Island in the Sky) and Monument Valley. If you want a real insight purchase the book 'Photographing the SouthWest' by Laurent Martres. I bought my copy from Amazon.

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies. After several days of thinking and tinkering with my route, I have decided to go further south than initially intended. It's a lot warmer down south. My new trip will go from Chicago all the way down to Dallas TX, then across to Louisiana, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana and them back to Chicago.

This is a rough route and it'll surely change as it progresses. It's going to be pure free-styling all the way, not knowing which roads I'll be taking, where I'll be staying or What I'll find along the way.

Back