USB Broadband dongle pricing

Name
Andy Jones
Edit My Images
Yes
Does anyone happen to know how much it costs for a PAYG broadband dongle in Holland?

Vodafone UK allow roaming on their network in Holland but the price is just silly - £10 for 24hrs of access and a limit of 50mb - compared to 1gb for £15 in the UK with no time limit.

I'm off to Holland next week for a few days and wonder if it would be cheaper to buy the dongle when I'm there?

Actually scratch that... does anyone know of a PAYG broadband dongle that does allow international roaming, specifically Holland, but doesn't isn't going to cost several thousand pounds :(

I work for 3...just had an ask in the office and it's silly money per MB roaming in Holland, no good for you I'm afraid :(

For once the UK seems to in the lead. It seems we have a much wider mobile data network than much of Europe hence the more reasonable costs in the UK. I remember seeing a TV program ( can't remember which one) which highlighted the staggering difference in cost between the UK and other European countries for mobile data networks.

I tend to turn my i-Phones roaming facilities off when I'm abroad due to the stupid cost of data calls

£1.50/mb is stupidly expensive but still half of what 3 are charging. In the UK a 3 dongle with 12gb is £99, to get the same amount when roaming would cost £36,864 :eek:

I looked into buying a dongle over there but it seems it's contract or nothing. Fortunately I've found a couple of wifi spots nearby that I can get a week's worth of access for £25 which will do nicely (y)

Back