USB C CFast reader?

Edit My Images
Yes
Any recommendations on these??
Changed my old MacBook Pro to the newer version, and would like to hear some views if anyone has used a USB C CFast card reader?
Or should I just stick with my normal USB Cfast reader for now??

Did some Google searched and didn't see any of the usual manufacturers readers...

Any thoughts and opinions would be welcome :)

I haven't seen any yet. Dare I say it, I guessed this would happen. Apple launch their new computers eliminating the 'older' USB 3.0 port infavor of USB C but there's pariferals.

I would think it's an adapter and a USB 3.0 reader for the time being.

i use a Sandisk Extreme pro CFast reader, with a usb 3 cable.I find it fast enough
Screenshot 2019-01-02 at 16.01.55.png

Last edited:
My mate has one of THESE, seem happy with it.

Any recommendations on these??
Changed my old MacBook Pro to the newer version, and would like to hear some views if anyone has used a USB C CFast card reader?
Or should I just stick with my normal USB Cfast reader for now??

Did some Google searched and didn't see any of the usual manufacturers readers...

Any thoughts and opinions would be welcome :)

What about this one
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Profession...=1546440678&sr=8-9&keywords=cfast+card+reader

Should add, i dont own it so cant comment on it. Still, as its Amazon its easy enough to return if it doesn't work out.

Last edited:
Can you just change the cable and keep your existing USB CFast reader?

My Sandisk CFast USB3 reader has a Type A plug to connect to the computer and a Type B plug on the other end to plug into the reader.

So maybe this would work on my reader if I bought a new Macbook? https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00UXKT...t=&hvlocphy=9045084&hvtargid=pla-464425280114

Thanks for the comment - might have a look and see if there are cables. I have a different connector on the card reader, so would need to look for that. But might be an idea...

What about this one
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Profession...=1546440678&sr=8-9&keywords=cfast+card+reader

Should add, i dont own it so cant comment on it. Still, as its Amazon its easy enough to return if it doesn't work out.

Thanks for that - might be one I Googled myself and found on Amazon. There doesn't seem to be a huge choice on these things.. and popped into few camera shops in the U.S last week on my trip there. And none of those sold any... so might be best just to go the Amazon route.

I haven't seen any yet. Dare I say it, I guessed this would happen. Apple launch their new computers eliminating the 'older' USB 3.0 port infavor of USB C but there's pariferals.

I would think it's an adapter and a USB 3.0 reader for the time being.

Yep - these days doesn't seem to be enough to just buy a new laptop.. you need to buy new leads/adapters/connectors for everything. And using an adapter for now... with lots of other USB bits plugged into it... not to mention HDMI, Firewire, Thunderbolt2 ...
Hard to keep up these days ;-)

Back