Used D4 or D500

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Having this dilemma now looking at either adding another D500 or getting a used D4 with low shutter count for £1600. Shoot mostly rugby. The light is never that great here and currently using D500 with 200-500 and D7200 with 70-200 2.8. So looking to upgrade the 7200

I have D500. Used to have a D4. The D4 would be my choice. Better high ISO handling.

I used to have a D4 and it was great, but on a full frame lenses feel like they don't have much reach at all.

i would go for faster glass on the d500
sigma 120-300 f2.8 great for sport on a dx also good with a 1.4 tc

I'd go for the newer D500, means not having 2 different chargers and having to have a set of CF cards. The joy of having 2 cameras with different storage layouts irks me with the D500 and D810

Had the D4 and they are a beast of a camera, getting on a bit now but still one of the top Nikon bodies around, the D500 on the other hand does everything the D4 does and more, I haven't really had much chance to use mine yet but first impressions are good, I would have both if I could afford it but 2 D500s isn't a bad option to have either.

I bought a used D4 a couple of years ago for a project I was doing in lowlight and am very happy with it! I normally use a D810 and this handles low light much better - it focuses better and appears to have less noise at higher ISO’s. It also handles noise reduction much better if you are shooting at higher ISO’s. The view in the viewfinder is massive and is almost worth the price alone!

If you’ve found one with 7k clicks I’d snatch their hands off! Mine had less than 10k and cost about £1900, so it’s definitely a good deal!

I bought a used D4 a couple of years ago for a project I was doing in lowlight and am very happy with it! I normally use a D810 and this handles low light much better - it focuses better and appears to have less noise at higher ISO’s. It also handles noise reduction much better if you are shooting at higher ISO’s. The view in the viewfinder is massive and is almost worth the price alone!

If you’ve found one with 7k clicks I’d snatch their hands off! Mine had less than 10k and cost about £1900, so it’s definitely a good deal!

Which handles low light better and less noise the D810 or D4????

Back