Used lens guarantee...

Edit My Images
Yes
I picked up a used Nikon Af-s lens from a popular high street camera store and after a couple hundred or so shots I started to have some af issues where it would only focus approx 2/3 of the way on the shutter press, a second press and it would aquire perfect focus. First off I thought it may be user error, but it seems to be getting worse, to the point I have to manually twist the focus ring to get it to auto focus at all.
When I bought it i was told, and on their website it states used kit has a 6 month guarantee, which I am well within.

Has anyone ever had any guarantee claim on used lenses, did they honor it without any drama?

I have left the finer details out intentionally as not to be sagging them off at this early satge and I haven't approached them yet due to work commitments / laziness, but is on my list for tomorrow.

I have see a number of threads where due to warranty the lens was swapped if another was in stock or a refund given.

Best to contact the company and see what they say.

I had a camera I bought from MPB fail after about five months and they exchanged the camera and paid postage for me to return the faulty camera. Yeah, I know it is not a lens but the attitude will not change.

LCE were brilliant when I had an issue with one as they give 6 months on all lenses, I sent it back they then sent to manufacturer and paid for repairs and returned it looking better than when I purchased it

Back