used prices

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
looking around for a S/H used body at the moment .. and looking through various outlets , a couple of things stand out e/bay sellers are often asking at least £100 more than retailers , .. retailers offer the best deals which usually include checked items and warranty and free postage .but there is no variation in price i.e a particular model will be £xxx.xx at every single dealer ,with the exceptions of ones I would never use who tend to be pricier . funny times we are living in

Quote "looking around for a S/H used body at the moment" unquote

sorry wife not available

Last edited:
looking around for a S/H used body at the moment .. and looking through various outlets , a couple of things stand out e/bay sellers are often asking at least £100 more than retailers , .. retailers offer the best deals which usually include checked items and warranty and free postage .but there is no variation in price i.e a particular model will be £xxx.xx at every single dealer ,with the exceptions of ones I would never use who tend to be pricier . funny times we are living in
Yes - the used prices are fairly similar and at times they appear to follow each other....

I’ve never understood people bidding on eBay items to the same or more value than buying from somewhere like mpb or wex were there is at least some form of protection and on going warranty.

It’s the same with some of the used prices advertised here in the classifieds - you can buy the same from a dealer with warranty etc.

I have picked up some good bargains on CEX at uk.webuy.com not a photographic experts but good prices and gave me warranty. Online only at the moment. Picked up my Nikon D3200 for £135 and Nikon 18-55 for £42, Camera only had 1200 shutter count !

Yes - the used prices are fairly similar and at times they appear to follow each other....

I’ve never understood people bidding on eBay items to the same or more value than buying from somewhere like mpb or wex were there is at least some form of protection and on going warranty.

It’s the same with some of the used prices advertised here in the classifieds - you can buy the same from a dealer with warranty etc.
My daughter was wanting a Gibson Epiphone guitar and saw a second hand one in Cash Converters at a price she could afford. She resisted temptation, crossed the road, walked past the guitar shop where they had exactly the same model in the window, new, for less than the second hand price across the road. I think people get mentally fixated on what constitutes a bargain and fail to look beyond d that. With Ebay, you set the price so that has to be better, right?

My daughter was wanting a Gibson Epiphone guitar and saw a second hand one in Cash Converters at a price she could afford. She resisted temptation, crossed the road, walked past the guitar shop where they had exactly the same model in the window, new, for less than the second hand price across the road. I think people get mentally fixated on what constitutes a bargain and fail to look beyond d that. With Ebay, you set the price so that has to be better, right?

I always look in the window when I pass to see if there's any camera gear and I don't remember any being at a price that didn't make me wince. I suppose someone must buy them though.

Something really odd is happening on eBay. Many things from used Mac's to vitamins shot up in price considerably. One must consider alternatives or even waiting it out.
How the hell is 2015 15" far more expensive now than it was a year ago??? It's actually too old to even consider seriously but still many will may around 1k (up from 600ish) for it now. Lunacy

Something really odd is happening on eBay. Many things from used Mac's to vitamins shot up in price considerably. One must consider alternatives or even waiting it out.
How the hell is 2015 15" far more expensive now than it was a year ago??? It's actually too old to even consider seriously but still many will may around 1k (up from 600ish) for it now. Lunacy

a 15 inch MacBook Pro is too old to consider? I'd beg to disagree with my 2015 MacBook Pro 15 i7 512gb ssd etc etc. Also my 2015 MacBook Air 11 runs OS Catalina and is a damn quick little thing - even editing 21pm Canon RP raw files in photoshop.

a 15 inch MacBook Pro is too old to consider? I'd beg to disagree with my 2015 MacBook Pro 15 i7 512gb ssd etc etc. Also my 2015 MacBook Air 11 runs OS Catalina and is a damn quick little thing - even editing 21pm Canon RP raw files in photoshop.

Without USB c support, basic video card and over 5 years of abuse I would not be comfortable paying over 500-550 tops for one. Not 1k when it can fail the next day with repair bills for main board starting at 900.

Without USB c support, basic video card and over 5 years of abuse I would not be comfortable paying over 500-550 tops for one. Not 1k when it can fail the next day with repair bills for main board starting at 900.

I would not pay 1k, however their longevity is fine. Each to their own - but I know many have not had "5 years of abuse" and are treated and cared for..

Older MacBook Pros hold their value as they are either very easily upgradable, have proper ports on the side or don't have those horrible keyboards.

Older MacBook Pros hold their value as they are either very easily upgradable, have proper ports on the side or don't have those horrible keyboards.

You got that right! Some people love their USB C but its one of those mostly pointless upgrades! Plus those damn soldered in batteries and ram and go knows what! There is a reason MacBooks nearly a decade old run great and are so upgradable.

I would not pay 1k, however their longevity is fine. Each to their own - but I know many have not had "5 years of abuse" and are treated and cared for..

As a new aged purchase you know what you have and it will still do the job for now. A used buy is a big unknown so you have to presume less than clean sheet. Worst case it will have active iCloud to be locked up and / or fail very soon. The risk is too high.
It just a matter of time till they can't get new updates. 2012 devices are already obsolete; 14-15 are next in line.

You got that right! Some people love their USB C but its one of those mostly pointless upgrades! Plus those damn soldered in batteries and ram and go knows what! There is a reason MacBooks nearly a decade old run great and are so upgradable.

Higher speeds, compatability with 5k displays, all new devices and cheaper tb3 docks are surely pointless... We may argue about shape, but that's just a matter of taste

Mbps were all soldiered since 2012 so upgradability is precisely zero.

Back