Using 100mm Lee filters on CSC (Specifically OMD)

Name
Anthony
Edit My Images
Yes
I have quite a comprehensive set of Lee 100mm filters from when I shot DSLR. I have recently swapped over completely to an Olympus OMD system.

My question is, are there any people using this size of Lee filter on the OMD or other CSC camera systems?

I have been reading recently that the gradation from dark to light is too much on these filters for CSC cameras hence Lee having just released the new Seven5 system which seems to be aimed at CSC. As I have a quite a lot of Lee 100mm stuff, I wanted to try and find out once and for all what is right and wrong. If I can continue to use me 100mm stuff then fantastic.

Look forward to hearing what you are doing/using.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHzNMIeaST4

Gives some good info. Seems you are right that the 100mm have graduation going on over too large an area. I used the RF-75 system on my Leica M9 which worked well. If selling the 100mm filters is an option I'd buy into the Seven5 system.

Maybe try a PM to stevebuk to see how he got on.

Last edited:
Thanks Laudrup, very informative video.

It seems from the video the rf75 and seven5 systems are pretty much the same thing apart from slightly different holders.

Going to Focus tomorrow so going to pop over to the Lee stand and ask a few questions.

Thanks Laudrup, very informative video.

It seems from the video the rf75 and seven5 systems are pretty much the same thing apart from slightly different holders.

Going to Focus tomorrow so going to pop over to the Lee stand and ask a few questions.
I'd be interested in a follow-up to this, after you've spoken to the Lee reps, if you wouldn't mind, to see what you find out?

Ant,

How did you get on at Focus with the Lee reps?

Hi,

It was me with the original thread. I did try and found them too big. Worked fine for ND but not so good with the grads. I'm saving for the Seven5!

Let us all know how you get on.

Steve

Back