Using a 5d3 L-plate on a 5d4?

Name
Jeremy Moore
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

Being the new owner of a Canon 5d4, I've ordered a Sunwayphoto L-plate for it.

However, I've fitted the 5d3 L-plate (it's a Kirk) to the 5d4 and it seems to fit very well. Has anyone else done this and would they recommend it?

Kirk have advised against it, but they're probably hoping to sell more L-plates.......

From what I could see the Sunwayfoto bracket for the 5D3 and 5D4 are the same. There are quite a few complaints that sunwayfoto cut corners with this bracket and just rebadged the 5d3 bracket.

They still have a cut out for the remote trigger although the socket has been moved on the 5D4. Because of this I didn't buy the 5D4 bracket. I had a 7D2 bracket which fit perfectly except that the remote trigger couldn't be plugged in because the bracket was in the way. A bit of filing and I fixed that.

I wouldn't buy the 5D4 bracket from sunwayfoto and if your kirk bracket fits then use it.

I'm sure I'll be able to return the Sunwayfoto bracket when it arrives. But I might compare it with the Kirk 5d3 bracket to see what the difference (if any) is.

I did read your other thread about the remote trigger and noted that you filed a bit off somewhere......

Back