Using a colour enlarger to do black & white?

Edit My Images
Yes
I have an LPL enlarger which I intend to use to print just black & white. What I want to ask is which colour do I adjust to increase the contrast?

presuming you're using multigrade paper, there should be a info. sheet which will say what colour filter settings you need for the various contrast grades. As an example, the Ilford one is here

Blue does nothing, It's a mixture of red and yellow that does the trick.

We had colour enlargers for B&W at my old college, as Kev said cyan is redundant; more yellow is less contrast, more magenta is more contrast.

I've got tables for Ilford and Fotospeed paper with colour heads at home. It's different for different heads though, I know it has durst but not sure about LPL. I'll have a look tonight and post the results up.

Sorry chaps, had to rush out of the door last night so didn't have time to copy it. Will try to sort it tonight.

What enlarger do you have? I've got an lpl7700, all I adjust is the magenta

All I use is magenta and set it too 100,but occasionally 80 as I like the contrast it gives me. I'm not sure if it matters what paper your using, I general use ilford multigrade

The recommended filter settings are different for different enlargers and different papers. Now I've seen this I'll go and get copies of the values now.

Back