Using a PC with DSLR - Software?

Name
STEVE WINN
Edit My Images
Yes
What is it that I need that enables you to use your PC as a conduit for your images.:shrug:

For me the scenario would be linking my Laptop to my D300 probably with a USB and having the PC show up the images on screen and maybe even giveing them a tweak with the sharpness levels. Reason being, I've found myself a studio here in the North East and want to use my lapop etc to QC my images and also lets the model see how we are doing.

I do have CS3 and also NX but I assume that this being photography I probably need to but something else that is expensive:(

Sorry - Am running Vista

What Windows platform is your PC running?

The more recent versions will all manage a slideshow without any additional software. I guess all that you'd need to do would be to plug in the USB cable and turn on.

You ought to be prompted to import, which you can do. If you're using Vista at least then the images will open in a little app that will provide a slideshow and allow some limited manipulation. I can't remember the name as I ditched Vista for my lovely Mac some time ago :)

Sorry if this is horribly basic and not what you needed but it's all I could figure out from the question. I suspect that you've already plugged the camera in and figured it out for yourself :)

What Windows platform is your PC running?

The more recent versions will all manage a slideshow without any additional software. I guess all that you'd need to do would be to plug in the USB cable and turn on.

You ought to be prompted to import, which you can do. If you're using Vista at least then the images will open in a little app that will provide a slideshow and allow some limited manipulation. I can't remember the name as I ditched Vista for my lovely Mac some time ago :)

Sorry if this is horribly basic and not what you needed but it's all I could figure out from the question. I suspect that you've already plugged the camera in and figured it out for yourself :)

No probs mate, no haven't managed to pull that of yet. Have the USB stuff but guess I will be better with a bluetooth link to laptop, loose cables and me don't get on:D

Back