Using Digitalrev.com

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
I've seen digitalrev advertising on here, and just wondered if anyone has used them. I'm looking to buy a new Sigma 150 macro and their prices are the best I've come across.

Cheers

Yep, bought my Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS Mk2 from them, excellent price and very quick delivery.

Yup, very good service from them.

Their service surpasses some of the largest UK online stores.

I've used them quite a bit in the past, and more recently for my 1d mkiv.....no problems at all. Their delivery times are pretty damn fast considering where they come from too (y)

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated. Will be giving them a go shortly.

bought my 85 1.4 from them - ordered on the 21st, here on the 24th. Couldn't fault them

Might as well just chuck in my feedback...
I ordered a 7D with 2 lenses, they sent me the tracking details, which I sat watching like a hawk...
delivery.jpg

Can't complain at that, under 24 hours from HK to my door. (y) (y)

I'm very interested in Digital Rev, and I have to say it comforts me somewhat to know they have a sponsor forum here. Maybe I'm getting a false sense of security from that, but to me it shows they are targeting an established photography community where feedback will spread like wildfire (good or bad), rather than targeting the passing trade where the feedback isn't so critical.

It's a bit like a restaurant hidden down a back alley that doesn't advertise but thrives on word of mouth marketing, in comparison to the hot dog stand that serves utter rubbish because it doesn't matter :D

What concerns me is warranty, and what happens if it goes wrong (+ to some extent resale value - although perhaps I shouldn't worry about that too much!). I have read through their site and know what is being said, and it sounds good - but I'm asking the TP community as I know there is real experience on here which for me counts for a lot more :)

I want a Tamron 17-50 (Canon fit) and the price from DR is very, very competitive. It all seems to be fitting into place that I should buy from DR..... What do I need to be worried about? Anyone care to share their thoughts with me? :D

Apologies for the thread hijack - it seems appropriate to bolster the comments above ;)

What happens with any import duty ? Has anyone been refunded the import tax ?

I'm pretty sure these questions are answered in the sticky's in the digitalrev section, nevertheless, if you buy from their online shop, they will pay any import duties, if you buy through ebay shop, you are liable should any be required.

fwiw, I did note the camera was listed as having a value of £130! I guess thats one way to keep the duties down!

From what I can gather, the auctions on Ebay don't have the duty paid you so take the risk of being hit with the import tax, but the products on their website already have that taken into account.

Hopefully Julia will be able to confirm, I'll pm her and direct her to this thread

EDIT aww beaten to lt :(

What concerns me is warranty, and what happens if it goes wrong (+ to some extent resale value - although perhaps I shouldn't worry about that too much!). I have read through their site and know what is being said, and it sounds good - but I'm asking the TP community as I know there is real experience on here which for me counts for a lot more :)

depends on the product some have a truly international warranty some do not.Their returns procedure is as I understand it very quick and easy to get the item back to HK in less than 3 days.

What happens with any import duty ? Has anyone been refunded the import tax ?

I bought on an auction on ebay that guaranteed to refund import duty. At the time of buying I had funds to cover the full amount and on sending a copy of the receipt for duty paid to the courier they refunded into my bank in less than 24 hours.

Most deals on their website now have duty pre paid.

Never had a problem with them myself. Very good service.

Hi Guys,

Really appreciated with all the positive feedbacks given! :D

Hopefully Julia will be able to confirm, I'll pm her and direct her to this thread

If I miss out anything, please feel free to send me a private message with your specific questions.

For warranty, I have just replied a related thread and you can read further info there at http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=289824
@Namistai, you may want to purchase the Tamron 17-50 from our website as the warranty is better.

I bought on an auction on eBay that guaranteed to refund import duty. At the time of buying I had funds to cover the full amount and on sending a copy of the receipt for duty paid to the courier they refunded into my bank in less than 24 hours.

Most deals on their website now have duty pre paid.

Mark is correct on the import handling. All website's purchases are ALL inclusive prices at checkout, which you don't have to pay any extra for items delivered to you.

Hi Guys,

Really appreciated with all the positive feedbacks given! :D

If I miss out anything, please feel free to send me a private message with your specific questions.

Mark is correct on the import handling. All website's purchases are ALL inclusive prices at checkout, which you don't have to pay any extra for items delivered to you.

Awaits Nikon 500mm F4 as payment and early birthday present (well in my dreams:) )

Welll....after previous let downs with DigitalRev re items supposedly in the uk I thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt based on all these good reviews here.
Asked about collecting a 70 200 mkii from one of their 'in the uk' items which also stated 'collection welcome' to be told they have none in the uk and if they did collection is no longer allowed, three days later same listing still saying same thing....
Make your own minds up, I have ;(.

Purchased a 60D with 2 lenses. It arrived on my doorstep in the UK within 2 days. No duty paid as stated in their eBay advert. A 2nd battery was included with some extra freebies at no extra cost.

I've since ordered 3 filters which take a little longer to arrive. No issues here and fast, excellent replies to emails.

That's my 2 cents worth...

Heres Hoping.

I did order yesterday and as of yet not even an email saying its being despatched :-(

Hi Paul,

There should be a confirmation of email to notify you that the order has been placed. Please allow approximately one day to process your payment and dispatch the order.

Can you please PM me with your order # and I'll follow it up for you? :)

Hmm, I'm tempted to try 'em for a Tammy 17-50 with service like that! :)

I ordered a Canon 60D from DigitalRev's website late on Thursday night and it arrived at my door this morning. Very happy with the service.

Just to say that I ordered the Sigma 150mm OS from DigitalRev last week and arrived safe and well this morning - many thanks Julia for the priority

Very pleased with their service and will definitely use them again(y)

wrt The 1dMkIV on Ebay, If you watch some of the individual listings, some are advertised with prepaid import tax...ie NO VAT in UK...My first MKIV was one of them...

awesome

just the information i was looking for too for my purchase!!

do TP members get an additional discount ;)

Mr Digitalrev

could i ask

whats the difference between these two 600d's?

http://www.digitalrev.com/product/canon-kiss-x5-eos-600d/MTExMzY_A

http://www.digitalrev.com/product/canon-eos-600d-dslr-body/MTExMDU_A

is it just one is a japan version?

Hi,

The Kiss X5 is the Japanese version, which is offered at a lower price than the Canon EOS 600D.

We currently offer Free Shipping with our website's purchases, and the prices have already included with import handling charge. Therefore, prices on the website are the all inclusive prices.

As forum member, we would be glad to arrange priority handling for you with the order number provided.

Thank you!

Torn between ordering a Sigma 150-500mm from Digitalrev and WEX. WEX's price is slightly higher but they are UK based and are offering a free UV filter.

Anyone will to push me one way or the other....

I bought my 150-500 from LCE.

Very pleased with it, BUT I had to return the first copy & was very pleased that it was from just up the road, it made swapping it straightforward.

Back