Using dslr in humid conditions

Caz

Edit My Images
No
I've not long bought my first dslr and am still teaching myself some of the basics!

I'm looking to use it for some plant shots in a humid greenhouse environment but am unsure how best to protect it against change from outdoor UK winter to tropical humid greenhouse.

Does anyone have any advice please?

When I take my dslr into the butterfly house at the zoo which is a large heated greenhouse I leave the camera in the bag for a long as possible at least ten minutes
It's then ok to use
May still need to wipe some condensation from the lens

Reactions: Caz
When I take my dslr into the butterfly house at the zoo which is a large heated greenhouse I leave the camera in the bag for a long as possible at least ten minutes
It's then ok to use
May still need to wipe some condensation from the lens

Thank you Pete that's really helpful. I'd read mixed things with some saying need silicon bags etc and others saying just allow it to adjust. Just wanted some piece of mind so thank you

Last weekend it took mine about 30 minutes to adjust from -2 to +22 in the zoo greenhouse.

In the winter local hot house photography for me means at first at least a 15 minute walk through cold air. The cold camera then exposed to hot humid air in the hothouse will instantly and severely mist up, often internally as well as externally. My solution is to put the camera etc. in my big messenger style gear bag. The bottom compartment is big enough to hold a hot water bottle. :)

Back