Using Flash templates to build a small website...

Name
Damian Brown
Edit My Images
No
So recent tinkerings have gotten me a couple of nice free (legal) flash templates that I'd like to play with. I'm totally new to it all though really and having played with Adobe Flash, it doesn't seem as straight forward, yet, as I'd hoped... so... any good tutorials or programs out there?

Thanks

ps this isn't about the pro's and con's.. i'm happy with that info ta :)

flashkit.com is a good resource for those starting out with flash design, or at least it used to be. Depends on how familiar you are with flash; timeline or pure code. I've never used a flash site template before so I can't really help other than to suggest you look at the official adobe website AS3 reference. Although I feel that might not be what you're looking for. Flash isn't as easy to get to grips with as HTML. It's come a long way since it first appeared and is now generally seen as a software development platform.

A google search for 'flash tutorials' will bring up all sorts of things.

The flash site I recommend is one that is based on XML files so you dont actually need to edit the main flash or FLA file.
All of the text that is contained with the site is edited via the XML file and the flash structure stays the same.

Worthwhile having a look into because if your like me and cant figure out flash but can work with HTML then this makes life a little easier

Back