Using Lightroom to export for web use...?

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All

I have recently read a few posts on here that have made me wonder what the best 'Export' settings are to use in Lightroom when wanting to prepare an appropriate sized image for display and presentation on the web.

I tend to use the built in LR preset 'Export to email' - which creates a suitably sized image that I can then sharpen in Photoshop and put a frame around and my watermark or © message etc.

So, is this the best/correct method to use Lightroom to export images in preparation for use on the web...?

Thank

If you want to put a frame on your image then your only option is to export from Lightroom and use PS. However if you only want a copyright mark then you can do everything in Lightroom, there's a copyright watermark checkbox on the export tab which embeds whatever watermark is set up in the identity pane settings. It's not something I've used because I put a frame on everything myself but the option is available should you want it.

But isn't the watermarking in Lightroom miniscule in the corner without any options for changing size/location?

But isn't the watermarking in Lightroom miniscule in the corner without any options for changing size/location?
No, you can change the size and opacity of the watermark in LR quite easily.

Look in the Overlays and Identity plate area on the Print module.(y)

Why not create an action in Photoshop, convert it to a droplet so that it can be used when exporting images from Lightroom.

When exporting for the web I just fill in all the relevant boxes in the Image Settings area, including maximum size, sRGB etc and in the bottom box use the After Export dialogue to run your Copyright droplet.

Why not create an action in Photoshop, convert it to a droplet so that it can be used when exporting images from Lightroom.

When exporting for the web I just fill in all the relevant boxes in the Image Settings area, including maximum size, sRGB etc and in the bottom box use the After Export dialogue to run your Copyright droplet.
Oooh now that's a good idea. I actually use Actions in Photoshop to add a border (I find the borders in LR are inadequate) and then to add my watermark. Never thought of creating a droplet out of these actions and running this using the After Export function in LR... (y)

Back